Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Score Board

Add topic

owlfamily said

So I dont recall seeing anything but what happened to the Palm Tree's on the scoreboard? Why are they gone?
Posted On: Jan 6th 2014, 1:49 PM #325679

Rick answered it two posts up. Sounds like they needed some maintenance. They'll be back.

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

owlfamily said

So I dont recall seeing anything but what happened to the Palm Tree's on the scoreboard? Why are they gone?

Rick answered it two posts up. Sounds like they needed some maintenance. They'll be back.

Posted On: Jan 8th 2014, 11:24 AM #325775

A little birdie just told me (perhaps an owl), that they are now putting the palm trees back up on the scoreboard today.  Football in Paradise is Back!
Back to the top

fauowl said

A little birdie just told me (perhaps an owl), that they are now putting the palm trees back up on the scoreboard today.  Football in Paradise is Back!
Posted On: Jun 13th 2014, 12:15 PM #331956

The "owl" must have forgotten to take their i-phone out and snap a photo!

:Ligthbulb:

Back to the top

Per the Palm Beach Post, Beckham may look to FAU football stadium for his soccer team since Miami isn't looking so good. It's a long shot though

Beckham’s soccer team in Boca? Palm Beach County kicking it... | www.palmbeachpost.com
Back to the top

fauowl said

owl2Doc said

owlfamily said

Posted On: Jan 8th 2014, 11:24 AM #325775

Thanks for the update Mark, one of my favorite aspects of the stadium.  There is no other stadium that I am aware of that has Palm Trees on their scoreboard.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

Posted On: Jun 13th 2014, 12:54 PM #331957

Good one Rick, very funny post! :cool:
Back to the top

About Beckhams' Mami stadium project, I have been lobbying for the FAU stadium over the downtown Miami site on several Miami and soccer news sites saying our stadium is perfect for this AND the team would be able to draw from ALL of S. Florida better than they can at the Port of Miami, including having MUCH better access here.

THIS would be a HUGE coup if it were to happen. More national and INTERNATIONAL news and madia coverage from FAU stadium - how cool would this be!
Back to the top

The new trees on the board look great. Nice to have them back
Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

Posted On: Jun 13th 2014, 12:54 PM #331957

Ain't the best, but was on campus early today and snapped this from FAR away on the cel…"Between the Palms" style.

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

Terrific, very glad to see 'em back up. Hope they work the same (actually, better I guess).
Back to the top
Control functions: