Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NEW - Stadium Pictures

Add topic

Re: NEW - Stadium Pictures

NEW - Stadium Pictures

and it could potentially hold concerts as well

Aside from football, isn't that what the stadium is for?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

and it could potentially hold concerts as well

Aside from football, isn't that what the stadium is for?

Initially that was the idea when it was pitched as a dome. The rationale for the dome aside from providing nice conditions for athletic events was to provide an enclosed venue that would limit sound exposure (i.e. noise) for people other than the intended audience. With the stadium being open air I am sure that concerts will be held there but I would also imagine that some Boca residents will complain about the "noise" created by the concerts.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

…..With the stadium being open air I am sure that concerts will be held there but I would also imagine that some Boca residents will complain about the "noise" created by the concerts.

GO OWLS!!!

Well, Boca does have concerts at Mizner Park, so I don't think that's a relevant argument.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

owlfan1 said

…..With the stadium being open air I am sure that concerts will be held there but I would also imagine that some Boca residents will complain about the "noise" created by the concerts.

GO OWLS!!!

Well, Boca does have concerts at Mizner Park, so I don't think that's a relevant argument.

Yeah, there wont be a house within at least a mile or two from the stadium…that argument doesn't make any sense.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Fledgling said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Yeah, there wont be a house within at least a mile or two from the stadium…that argument doesn't make any sense.

Although I don't think the sound will travel that far, there ARE houses just east from FAU on Spanish River plus there are apartments east of FAU.

In that sense, the stadium will be ideally-located. IF we continue to develop that forest land back there (over time, I know conservation issues exist) then it will be nearly at the center of campus instead of off to one side like the Swamp.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Are the Mizner Park concerts for 10,000 or more people??

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

walty12 said

Fledgling said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

I am not making the argument. When the dome was planned part of the justification was for concerts and a "sound-proof" venue. They were talking about BIG concerts, not something that would draw a few 100 fans like a Mizner Park deal. Imagine having a big name band with a serious sound system and 10,000-20,000 people. It gets loud.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

If the airport does not disturb neither should the stadium.
Back to the top

Very good point LM
Back to the top

walty12 said

actually there are 100's of houses right behind FAU…my place is less than 1 mile from the site…
Back to the top
Control functions: