Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Join now! Membership Prices and Information

Add topic

Re: Join now! Membership Prices and Information

Join now! Membership Prices and Information

I got a renewal notice in the mail a while ago for the $25 for recent grad…..finally getting up to go do it online and come to find out the price went up to $30.  Did that last promotion end…does anyone know?
Back to the top

You can prob send Smitty a PM. I think he'd be the best person to ask.

The kid doesn't even live here anymore and he's still getting emails about FAU. Haha good ol Smitty!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

haha definitely…I am sitting trying to debate if would just be better to do the lifetime membership.  :-\
Back to the top

If you have the money to do so and can spare the expense, I think it's worth it. Not sure how much it is but if it already went up from the $25 to $30 in the short of time and that's just for one year, as the athletics improve which they will under Chun I can definitely see that price jumping to $50-$60 a year and the price of the lifetime membership going up as well

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

What do these fees go towards?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

What do these fees go towards?
Im a little curious as well…i would assume all of the benefits and events that the alumi have throughout the year but I have no clue
Back to the top

I'll say that an annual membership is the way to go, as those funds are made accessible to the Alumni Assn for scholarships and hosting events for members. The lifetime membership money is not accessible to the Association as it goes directly to the endowment.

The biggest chunk of your money goes to the scholarship fund that the FAUNAA runs who awards 5 or so schollys to students in need that meet their high standards. A lot of the other money goes into hosting events for the membership. The Talon Awards, Party fOwl (which is now free and free food for members), Holiday Wine n Cheese, and a number of networking opportunities throughout the year.

On top of those things, you get some discounts on stuff too, some national service providers (BofA, Geico) and a ton of restaurant discounts and little things.
Back to the top

^^^^ Everything TeamBeer stated above and we have started to do "Members Only" events this last year as well where the FAUNAA subsidizes some of the fees for the event.  Recent examples were a trip to see Jersey Boys with a pre-reception cocktail party at Tarpon Bend.

Next weekend there is a members only event at the new iPic Theater at a reduced rate as well.  I didn't stay up on this events details since I cannot make it.

You also get invites for away games to stay at the team hotel at a reduced rate and an alumni cocktail party/reception at those games.
Back to the top

I'm a lifetime member and haven't heard about these events  >:(

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

I'm a lifetime member and haven't heard about these events  >:(

PM sent
Back to the top
Control functions: