Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Favorite food places in Boca

Add topic

Re: Favorite food places in Boca

Favorite food places in Boca

So it's been three years since this thread has been touched and probably most recommendations remain the same.  I would imagine more people are venturing north to Delray Beach, particularly Atlantic Avenue as they really have been ramping up the restaurant scene the last few years.

V&S still takes the cake for the best subs, hot or cold, around.  I will literally drive out of my way to get one of their sandwiches.  They also will do 3' & 6' long subs for game day.  I think they run $90 and will be ready in time with 24 hour notice.

The wife & I have been going to DaDa in Delray a lot.  I would define it as hipster American food.  The staff is great and they really know the food & wine menu very well.  They have not steered us wrong on any recommendations.  If it's your first time, get the meat loaf!

J&J Raw Bar in downtown Delray, two blocks west of the bridge on the south side is great for seafood.  Recently renovated, it is a small, well lit cafe with some of the freshest shellfish around.  Get there early or make a reservation as seating is very limited.

My pizza recommendation remains the same, drive north to Boynton Beach to Portobello Restaurant on the NE corner of Military & Boynton Beach Blvd.  Their italian food is quite good as well, especially the vodka sauce dishes.

Flanigan's is a great place for bar food.  They are consistent and delicious, another place I don't think I have ever had a bad experience even though I feel their beer is overpriced.

Baja is still a winner. Good, fast and delicious food.  Not a fan of the one in Deerfield Beach.

I'm going to think more on this as I feel this thread does not deserve to die a slow death.
Back to the top

For Pizza, my vote is either Nick's New Haven Pizza which just opened up in the same shopping center as Hooters or Mellow Mushroom in delray

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

For Pizza, my vote is either Nick's New Haven Pizza which just opened up in the same shopping center as Hooters or Mellow Mushroom in delray
+1 for Nick's went there the other night nice thin coal pizza just enough sauce Anthony's tends to have too much sauce.
Back to the top

Tell me more about this Nick's place.  I've been to Steve's Coal Fired in West Boca by the Ale House.  It was very good buy quite expensive.  Chinese food, Wok Out in the Polo Club Plaza on Military Trail is INSANELY GOOD!!!

Haven't had it in forever since I moved to Boynton but it is great!
Back to the top

http://www.nickspizzeriabar.com/

It's more brick oven than coal fired. The pies are really big and the prices actually aren't that bad for the amount of food you get. Good food, they do serve beer and wine as well. Nice atmosphere, very classy inside. I'd describe it as more of an upscale pizza joint. You don't need Khaki's and a polo just to have pizza lol but it's not some low class looking place or basically it's the total opposite of Cannoli Kitchen lol

Back to the top

Jab979 said

http://www.nickspizzeriabar.com/

It's more brick oven than coal fired. The pies are really big and the prices actually aren't that bad for the amount of food you get. Good food, they do serve beer and wine as well. Nice atmosphere, very classy inside. I'd describe it as more of an upscale pizza joint. You don't need Khaki's and a polo just to have pizza lol but it's not some low class looking place or basically it's the total opposite of Cannoli Kitchen lol

They use anthracite coal as fuel saw the bags sitting beside the brick oven.

"Our brick oven is coal fired and cooks at an excess of 750°. This creates a darker crust, which we call "well done."
Back to the top

Ahh ok interesting. Whatever it is, it's good! lol

Back to the top

Here are a couple that are Down South

Tarks- US 1 down by the Dania Beach-Hollywood line. Great hole in the wall seafood joint  and they keep your beer full.

TARKS OF DANIA BEACH

Coconuts Fort Lauderdale- casual seafood little upscale from Tarks.

Coconuts - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Back to the top

Tarks looks good, have to check it out after a night of Jai-Alai

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

620-SUBS has apparently experienced some MAJOR changes due to new management…not liking this.

Back to the top
Control functions: