Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Presidential Watch Thread...

Add topic

Re: FAU Presidential Watch Thread...

FAU Presidential Watch Thread...

well i certainly apologize if i am wrong, but i do not believe he was ever in a Ph.D. program
Back to the top

New applicants added up top...
Back to the top

one name that sticks out to me… Thomas Keon of UCF… had the pleasure of meeting him a couple years back… excellent, character individual

http://web.bus.ucf.edu/our_college/

don't know too, too much about him in terms of policy/administration, but i know he is a good person
Back to the top

I will be posting a full thread on this, but here is the projected time line announced by the BOT:

Feb. 17 – The pool of candidates is announced.

Feb. 23 – The Presidential Search Committee meets to review all candidate applications and identify candidates for on-campus interviews.

Feb. 25 – The semi-finalists come to FAU to be interviewed by the Presidential Search Committee; finalists are selected.

March 1 & 2 – The finalists visit all FAU campuses and meet members of the University community and the greater community through a series of open forums (scheduling details to come).

March 3 – The Board of Trustees meets to interview the finalists and name one to the presidency of FAU via majority vote.

Back to the top

I'll be interested to see the list as it shrinks down.

Right now I like Dr.Michael Cooper (Dean of Rutgers Business School, could help grow our already-prominent business school), Dr.Allen Myerson (Chemist, Illinois Tech… FAU wants to be known for marine sciences and a scientist would be ideal to move that forward) and probably Dr.Michael Ginzberg (educated at MIT, works at Yeshiva… who better to get money from the Jews of Boca Raton than a fellow Jew?)

I want to see someone who not only wants to build this school's academic reputation but also expanding enrollment, faculty and facilities. I believe FAU's destiny in the next decade is to have 40k students and several well-known programs…  (and a football stadium, hopefully  ;D)
Back to the top

Some news names in the hat...up to 43 at present...list updated at top of the thread...
Back to the top

semi finalists should be announced today after the 1:30pm meeting.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Any "ideas" who they might be??
Back to the top

Rick said

TeamBeer said

Gary Miller
Mary Jane Saunders
Paul Ferguson
Terry Hickey
Kathie Olsen
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

TeamBeer said

Gary Miller
Mary Jane Saunders
Paul Ferguson
Terry Hickey
Kathie Olsen

Terry L. Hickey, Provost and Executive Vice President, University of Central Florida

I wonder if this would be the "best" choice as far as athletics is concerned?

We need our next president to be fully on board with developing athletics and student life. I would think that coming from UCF he would see what developing a stadium and campus life has done for that school?

Any thoughts?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: