Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2010 FAU Football Schedule

2010 FAU Football Schedule

That would be 52,500 and at $20 a pop "average" ticket price, the gate alone is over 10M!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

That would be 52,500 and at $20 a pop "average" ticket price, the gate alone is over 10M!
LOL you must be one of the people that count attendance for our football games….jk
Back to the top

walty12 said

Captain said

GeorgiaOwl said

MSU may not be at home (Lockhart, hah!) but it is going to help us pay for our "real" home with bucketsfull of cash!

I just hope the gate is as high as it's being projected.

First game of the season for Michigan State (40,000+ students) in Detroit….I would be shocked if it didn't sell at least 3/4 of the 70,000 seat Ford Field out.

Angelos is counting on a $2M pay day…….
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

There is no way FAU is walking away with $10mil.

I agree with Rick, it is projected to be around $2mil. But no one knows for sure.
Back to the top

Captain said

GeorgiaOwl said

There is no way FAU is walking away with $10mil.

I agree with Rick, it is projected to be around $2mil. But no one knows for sure.

52000 X $20 = a little over 1 million
Back to the top

My bad on the math in the post.

But a $1M gate for 52K attendance would be great and I don't know if we get any cut of parking and concessions. I do know that we have to pay expenses and the "visitor" gets a cut, etc…but the point was made with ONLY a $20 average ticket price, WAY lower than real ticket prices! They START at $19 for students and go up to $79!

Michigan State Official Athletic Site - Michigan State

From looking at the seating chart, the plan is to sell the lower level seats starting at $49 in the end zones and the sidelines at an AVERAGE of about $72 per seat. Upper level sidelines go for $49 and upper level end zones for ONLY $39! In short, my $20 average seat was too, a big mistake!

The program can rake in many millions for this game as ALL the big time programs do at each and every home game. How do you think they can pay $1M for the body bag game victims and still turn a huge profit in the football programs! This is just to be a taste of what we can have in the Owls future, IF WE GET OF OUR ASSES AND BUILD THE F…ING THING!
Back to the top

I hope this game is a sellout and FAU walks away from this game with millions in their pockets. All I was saying is it would suck to lose playing a team like MSU in a true home game for a couple hundred thousand $. I really do hope it's a sellout, but look at the Spartans schedule, their first six games are in Michigan. Don't know if many Spartans want to spend their day in downtown Detroit to watch them play us when they have options to watch them play in their own stadium.

9-4-10  WESTERN MICHIGAN
9-11-10 Florida Atlantic @Detroit, MI
9-18-10 NOTRE DAME
9-25-10 NORTHERN COLORADO
10-2-10 WISCONSIN
10-9-10 at Michigan
Back to the top

They will, this is a bonus opportunity for them to see their team, an extra "home" game. Not a part of their season ticket package, and being in Ford Field in Detroit is an attraction as well. Big school program fans will follow them anywhere at anytime! Being close enough to drive is a bonus! I say 50K minimum but more like 60K if not a sell out.
Back to the top

Who says we are going to lost to Michigan State?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

and Ford Field is MUCH nicer than Spartan Stadium so I'm sure people will be thrilled to check the game out in the comfort of a dome. I think the controlled environment gives us some much needed help in this matchup, the hope is that it takes away some of the big muscle big ten football and provides a little more florida speed ball. Not saying that we're winning this game by any means, but the location helps us a ton
Back to the top
Control functions: