Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010-2011 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Roster

Add topic

2010-2011 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Roster

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: 2010-2011 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Roster

Currently 14 players on the roster for the upcoming season…Jarvis likes to carry 15, so we may pick up another walk-on in the fall after tryouts…

The biggest change is that of Kore White being eligible after sitting out last year due to transfer rules.

If you thought Ray and Greg brought a new flavor to FAU hoops last year, get ready for round two with White hitting the floor. He will add another dimension at the forward spot like none we have ever had - complete game.

He just may be the first Owl to be drafted into the NBA as well.

The additions of Dennis Mavin and Pablo Bertone provide needed depth given the style of offense and defense Jarvis wants; which should provide a more exciting style of play as well.

We turn the corner in a big way this season, IMO.

Too early to book tickets to The Dance just yet, but don't rule it out.
Back to the top

I hope you're right. Gantt, Taylor and Tucker made FAU hoops as exciting as it's ever been since I've been following it. If those guys can match or exceed what they brought to the court this year, we're in for a hell of a ride.

On another note, I'm hoping that OwlTV will be streaming all home games online this year; I know that was one of their ambitions but I'm not sure if it's confirmed yet. Ideally that's where our student media should be in the next 3-5 years.
Back to the top

wow rick, that's a bold call. you think white is better than carlos? i mean carlos was a 20/10 guy when his head was in the game…or he was actually in the game.

if this guy is the real deal it will help royster more than anyone else. i'm excited about this team.

also most if you who know my post, by buddy who has worked under travis ford for the last 7 years took the head assistant job at lynn under scott mcmillan. pretty random how it worked out but he knew scott from when he started.

Back to the top

Exit39 said

wow rick, that's a bold call. you think white is better than carlos? i mean carlos was a 20/10 guy when his head was in the game…or he was actually in the game.

if this guy is the real deal it will help royster more than anyone else. i'm excited about this team.

also most if you who know my post, by buddy who has worked under travis ford for the last 7 years took the head assistant job at lynn under scott mcmillan. pretty random how it worked out but he knew scott from when he started.

Los had great rebounding skills, and a soft touch at times, but you better get that many points when you are consistently the first option on offense?

White can play DEFENSE…big difference in that alone…he can rebound, block shots, shoot the three, put it on the floor…

Los was limited to around the basket or a 8-10 foot jumper…and defense, well, was there any at times??

Funny you bring Royster into it, because that's exactly what Jarvis said…really, he will make everyone around him better…

Congrats on your buddy's appointment…he will be at the Arena when we take them on in November :)
Back to the top

yeah, if he is that good he'll force a zone rather than man to man which will give open looks on the 3 all day. royster should get easy put backs every night and hopefully it will help the development if the bigger sophs who didn't do anything last year.

though i've learned with everything from FAU from the sports to the tuition to the cafateria. don't get excited. until it happens its all gossip.
Back to the top

Fair point…

I'll share more from an interview with Jarvis later as we get closer to season…he's the prime source for the above commentary…
Back to the top

Wow, I hope he's half as good as you think Rick, and I trust your judgement on these things…so you're saying he's like a Rasheed Wallace?
Back to the top

Not falling into that trap!

;D

I will just say that there are almost 200 hundred forwards in the NBA, and that Rasheed Wallace is one of them…

Kore White could be one if things work out well for him…

Back to the top

I'm not looking for you to tell me he's as good, or as crazy for that matter! :)

I've just enjoyed watching Sheed because he's so solid all around, he can get you rebounds, shoot 50% from 3pt land, box guys out, throw a screen, act like a crazy man, everything!
Back to the top
Control functions: