Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010-2011 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Roster

Add topic

Re: 2010-2011 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Roster

2010-2011 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Roster

I agree with Rick this team has a good chance to make the tourney we can compete with any team in Florida more importantly we can beat any team in the Belt
Back to the top

owlmart said

I agree with Rick this team has a good chance to make the tourney we can compete with any team in Florida more importantly we can beat any team in the Belt

It sure feels like the this will be by far the best team FAU has ever had.  I will be buying season tickets.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlmart said

I love the Owls BBall team, but not sure we can compete with all Florida teams.  We could not compete with Miami last year, we barely beat FIU in Miami.  Not to be a downer, just trying to be real.  We are absolutely headed in the right direction.  We will be improved, no doubt, and very exciting to watch.

The comment by Rick about Kore is huge for me because I respect the knowledge.  That could be huge for us to have that talent.  I am just cautious because of the Sammy Hernandez "situation."  I was expecting a superstar back then and within 5 minutes of my first observation realized that "Houston, we have a problem."  Justin Davis was also highly touted.  Not that they are bad, just the expectations were too high and then those players had no where to go but down.

But agree, this will be the best Owls team in history!!  Can't ask for more than that!

Back to the top

fauowls, i couldn't agree more. everyone respects Rick's opinion ten fold but we need to see it on the court.
Mike Bell and Carlos were the best i've seen so far, i didn't see them play last year live so can't comment.

i'm pumped for the Depaul game, i'll be there this year. Depaul sucks and that would be a great win vs. the Big East.
Back to the top

gatorcountry.com put this piece up today…

"I also think Florida Atlantic, the Dec. 23 opponent, will make the NCAA Tournament this year. That will be fun because certain points of that game could see FAU running out an all-Gainesville-native backcourt in Greg Gantt (Gainesville High School) and Dennis Mavin (The Rock, where he was a teammate of Gator freshman Scottie Wilbekin).

Full Story
Back to the top

owlmart said

Quoted for emphasis
Back to the top
Control functions: