Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Belt towns

Re: Sun Belt towns

Sun Belt towns

RamblinRedWolf said

I had several buddies go last year and they pretty much said "beautiful city…..crappy stadium" (no offense)

None taken, 110% true!
Back to the top

RamblinRedWolf said

rdownin1 said

haha what about FAU?

FAU has been the ONLY belt school/town that i've yet to go. I'm hoping to take a leisure trip and check out the new stadium next year perhaps. I had several buddies go last year and they pretty much said "beautiful city…..crappy stadium" (no offense)

they did say they had an odd yet surprisingly delicious food item at the stadium right before the game…something like a chicken or steak on stick? haha

Havent had the stick treat yet, but I never fail to miss picking up an Arepa along with a frozen lemonade.

I dont blame any fan for not visiting FAU with us playing in lockhart. Now next year it will be worth it.

Hope you'll come on down!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Troy fans (not the student section) are very friendly.

I made some pictures last weekend of new and improved campus facilities.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.wellingtonhomes.com/images/troy/troy_campus/index.htm

The tailgating areas are beautiful. Alcohol is permitted. Tailgating is very close to the stadium with live music, food and merchandise plentiful and nearby. The new fraternity row has extended the campus and tailgating zone.

Tailgating from this past weekend:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.wellingtonhomes.com/images/lca/Troy_HC_tailgate_11_13_10/index.htm

The downtown Troy square is nice and historic. Drive through some of the old neighborhoods (well north of U.S. 231 and the campus) and you really feel the old South.

The 231 bypass is a typical southern commercial highway, but it has a lot of chain and good restaurants. Montgomery and Dothan are less than an hour north and south.
Back to the top
Control functions: