Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owl DB Cortez Ash Charged in Copper Wire Theft

Re: Owl DB Cortez Ash Charged in Copper Wire Theft

Owl DB Cortez Ash Charged in Copper Wire Theft

fauowl said

The Gators are now trying to get him to transfer there.

;D, the kid with him had to be a UF player showing him the ropes.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

So now that we have had a player get arrested and make the news does this mean that we've made it?  I feel so much better about our season now that we have finally started bringing trash to our team.  We'll beat UF and Auburn for sure now!  ;D

Seriously though, while I would like to think FAU would be immune from this for at least a little while longer, it was inevitable.  Unfortunately, when most of the players get to the college level they are already headed down that road.  I've watched a my high school football program change completely from a clean program that won state championships to a program full of problems that is just mediocre.  I think Ash could have had a great future with FAU and hopefully he's smart enough to realize he screwed up his free ride.  Although from the article it doesn't sound like it.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

It's probably a felony, last I heard copper wire was selling at about $1.30 a pound.  Copper Wire theft is so bad in Florida that simply being caught trespassing on a construction site can result in a felony charge.
Back to the top

"Naturally, I’m disturbed to hear about the arrest of one of our freshmen football players. Needless to say there is much more to be done in the investigation. We will follow the proceedings closely and will determine what actions should be taken."

- Schnellenberger
Back to the top

I heard FAU was going to use the wiring in the new stadium.
Back to the top

Aqualung said

I heard FAU was going to use the wiring in the new stadium.

*Yawn*

You're just sour our stadium is nicer than yours.

;)

Back to the top

Maybe this is a new way for FAU to raise money for the stadium.  I was wondering where my old aluminum shutters went.  All joking aside, how stupid can you be to go back to the place where you stole the items.  How funny would it be if this makes it on American stupidest criminals.
Back to the top

We know Aqualung is a UCF fan, but he's right.

That's pretty stupid. I'm sure he would've been caught eventually, but he just made the job of the police that much easier

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Aqualung said

How funny would it be if this makes it on American stupidest criminals.

We made it onto the Fulmer Cup board.  That's gonna have to do for now.

FULMER CUPDATE: RECESSION CRIME EDITION - Every Day Should Be Saturday
Back to the top

Omg, we are talking about copper wire theft people! Not rape, not assault, not stealing a laptop, not selling your services for $175,000 dollars—- bloody friggin' copper wire theft.

Dumb move on the kid's part I grant you, and the charges will probably get reduced if there is a plea bargain.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: