Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 SBC Men's Basketball Tournament Thread

Add topic

Re: 2012 SBC Men's Basketball Tournament Thread

2012 SBC Men's Basketball Tournament Thread

FINAL:

FAU 55  ASU 70
Back to the top

This is really depressssssing. Well.... spring football to look forward to i guess....

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Didn't anyone care about the game? All of the comments are updates from Rick. Seriously? We abandon our team now????????

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

FINAL QUICK STATS:

FAU 35.6% FG, 29.4% 3PT (5-of-17)

ASU 40.8% FG, 42.9% 3PT (3-of-7)

Dennis Mavin nets 12 points, with Shavar Richardson adding 11 in his final game as an Owl.

Arkansas States Marcus Hooten goes 8-of-12 for 23 points to lead all scorers.

The Owls have just six assists on the contest, and lose the battle on the glass 41-34. They do however record seven blocks.

ASU gets to the charity stripe a whopping 38 times to just nine for the Owls.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Didn't anyone care about the game? All of the comments are updates from Rick. Seriously? We abandon our team now????????

Hard to say too much probably, for me it is a mixed bag: Duty and interest :)

Jarvis II had some positive things to say regarding next year in the post game…have to agree with him!

This Team will NOT be the same, by any means!

Adding some serious talent at needed positions…….
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Here is my comment:

Jarvis just moved to 0-4 in the postseason with 3 opening round losses in the SBC tournament. I don't want to hear anything more about him deserving this big contract. I understand he has improved this program, but the team is not winning the games that count.
Back to the top

Jarvis also previously said he had a good recruiting trip to New York, I think it was. So we could be adding another big piece to our mysteriously seemingly unfixable puzzle.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

FINAL BOX:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Looking at the final box, the bottom line on this one:

Shooting.

The Owls had 10 more tries at the net; despite a -6 deficit in rebounds.

Additionally, FAU is built for speed, and to get 0 points off the fast break is a CRUSHER.
Back to the top

Dear Dragon, I apologize in advance, but I refuse to get excited about you until I see you on the court, i am employing the Sammy Hernandez principal and cannot let myself believe they hype about a transfer. Kore white has once again proven the SH principal that a transfer to fau will not be nearly as good as the fanbase wants him to be.

Kore White is the biggest disappointment Ive seen on the court. At least Sammy got fat, somewhat of an excuse for sucking, I like pizza too so I get it; but Kore, Ive got nothing.

If Im jarvis i negotiate a 1 year deal right now so next year when this team can actually win something he'll have some leverage bc right now he looks like Sidney Greene.

Scratch that, Sidney Green actually won some postseason games for us.
Back to the top
Control functions: