Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Stetson vs FAU - 12/18/12 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

Re: GAME THREAD: Stetson vs FAU - 12/18/12 @ 7:00 PM

GAME THREAD: Stetson vs FAU - 12/18/12 @ 7:00 PM

NJOWL said

I would also like to know why only one freshmen (Trapp) saw time tonight. I understand Baker & Moody were suspended, but what happened to Lacunza, Thornton, & Bryant?????????????

Morrow saw a lot of time , he is a freshman, walk on in fact. I don't know why lacunza Bryant and thornton never made it on the floor though
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

For those that were there to see it: did this seem like a selfish FAU team out there tonight?

He vaguely talked about Moody and Baker being suspended for being selfish… which I can understand, but then when asked what he told the team after the game, he also talked about not being selfish again.

Seems like everybody got some points in, 11 assists, etc… I just don't get it.
I wouldn't say that, they just seemed to fall apart in the second half, poor shot selection, sloppy play, turnovers, Stetson out hustled us, right to the buzzer which is why we lost. This is clearl a different team without moody coming off the bench. That said the game should never been in question, they just fell apart.
Back to the top

Stay tuned, conference play is coming up.
But first, FAU travels to Bloomington, IN to go against the #1 Indiana Hoosiers in a game taking place behind a woodshed.

Er, #6, but you get the idea  :D

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

But first, FAU travels to Bloomington, IN to go against the #1 Indiana Hoosiers in a game taking place behind a woodshed.

Meh, they are only #6…….

:D

???

:(

:'(
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

Thank you sir may I have another!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

NJOWL said

I would also like to know why only one freshmen (Trapp) saw time tonight. I understand Baker & Moody were suspended, but what happened to Lacunza, Thornton, & Bryant?????????????

Where do you earn playing time?  On the practice court…I can only assume they are not cutting it in practice yet.  Some players take longer to develop…not everyone contributes immediately.  They are freshman.
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

In the post-game video, Jarvis alluded to the fact that everyone "knew what they (Baker & Moody) did".  So what did they do?  Anybody?

Also, I don't think I've ever seen a coach eat a sandwich during a post-game interview.

Come on you know what they did…everyone does. 
Back to the top

Found this video of the last two plays by FAU and Stetson.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Found this video of the last two plays by FAU and Stetson.

If that last shot just hits the rim, we win.  It doesn't and we don't.  Sucks.
Back to the top

The eternal optimist in me thought of it this way: This is a teaching moment for Baker and Moody. I'm sure they both know that we win the game if they are in. I don't know what they did but maybe now they'll realize what they have to do/not do in order to play. I know these are Jarvis's guys and he should be recruiting people that won't cause problems, but c'mon. They are Freshman and things could get out of control if he doesn't take action now. Now the rest of the team knows that Coach is willing to sit the 2nd best player if they don't do their jobs on and off the court. I don't know about Baker, but Moody seems the type that will take this lesson to heart and learn from it to never make the same mistake.

Also, it's better we lost because now the team loses that mindset of "it's JUST Stetson, we can play half asleep and still beat them." This could be a very valuable lesson later on down the road. Knowing that they can get beat ANY night if they don't bring their A game.

We are VERY young and these are just some growing pains that could pay off down the road. I hoped we wouldn't have this type of problem this being Jarvis's 5th year but sometimes things don't go as planned. And let's be honest, when has basketball ever been THAT successful at FAU? Our most successful times have been under Jarvis. I'm not saying that we should give him a 10 year contract extension, I just think we should see where we are at the end of this year and maybe even next year after this team has matured.

Go Owls.
Back to the top
Control functions: