Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Warner vs FAU - 01/01/14 @ 2:00 PM

Add topic

Precisely. The decision makers at FAU don't read the blogs like Owl's Nest to find out if the supporters are happy with the product. The only way I have to show any one , not just FAU, that I think they are not doing a good job, is to not financially support them. I am not unhappy with the hard work of the kids. I am unhappy with the lack of hard work on the part of the men we pay to get the program to an acceptable level. We have given them more than enough time. Our other programs have progressed nicely.Why not basketball ?
Back to the top

The Afterlifemobile said

Guest said

Local Owl said

FAU Basketball is a mess. Starting at the top. I will not attend a game until a change is made. I know that doesn't matter much, but I feel that strongly about it. FAU will get money , but it will be through the baseball program. How did FAU let the program get to the place it is now? Unreal.

Posted On: Dec 31st 2013, 3:22 PM #325349
fair weather fan    you should be supporting the kids not boycotting the administration and coaching    we will slow down and let you jump back on the band wagon when better times come around
Posted On: Dec 31st 2013, 4:20 PM #325351
He's a fair weather fan because he wants people held accountable?  FAU basketball has been a joke for years…

Posted On: Dec 31st 2013, 6:16 PM #325353

So is the fan base   You two probably were front and center when everyone was demanding where the contract extension   are the players working any less harder because of administration decisions?
Back to the top

From the sound of it attendance has fallen on both sides of the Burrow and that, along with the overall record, should give Chun a pretty good idea how people feel about the program.

Back to the top

As the people who know me on this forum know I try to support the program and mainly the kids playing by showing up and paying my dues but but as local said at some point you have to let the admin. know with your feet that enough is enough.  

This program needs a change.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I used to never miss a home game but I'm tired of spending my money to see us under-perform. And why do we keep playing teams like Warner? I'm tired of playing them.

I'll admit, I was front and center saying that Jarvis should have received an extension, and I still stand by what I said previously. I stand by it because he deserved it. FAU had zero 20 win seasons, never had recruiting classes as highly regarded and never won a Sun-Belt championship under the previous coaches. He deserved the chance to continue what he started. Unfortunately, that all crumbled. Everyone (including myself) made excuses as to why the team was struggling, and none of it was coaching. How many of Jarvis's recruits have graduated? Four, five at most? The rest have transferred or been kicked off. How many recruits from Pablo's class have stayed? Just Pablo, right? That right there points DIRECTLY to the coaching staff. Jarvis brought a spark to the program but the program has grown dormant. 3-10 won't sell tickets, especially to teams like Warner (no offense, my brother graduated from there) but man, what a boring schedule.

It's time for change, Jarvis was good for the program because he created some expectations and showed us that the Burrow could turn into a pretty rocking joint but it's time to move on.
Back to the top

Does Brian Wright know anything about basketball?
Just saying…
Back to the top

Back to the top

Today's starters…

Warner

G Fredrick Conner
G Keevis Tukes
G Mitch Rice
F Josh Ellis
F Latereo Shaw

FAU

G Marquan Botley
G Pablo Bertone
F Javier Lacunza
F Kelvin Penn
C Justin Raffington

Lacunza with career first start!
Back to the top

The Royals have just nine guys suited up.
Back to the top

They control, and we are under way...launch a three, but it is off the mark - will hopefully see a lot of that today.
Back to the top
Control functions: