Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owl Fingers from Sochi

Add topic

Great capture. Go Owls!
Back to the top

ICYMI

Brittany came in 13th (of 35) this morning in the Ladies 500m. She was +2.49 off the leader.

Medals went to South Korea (gold), Russia (silver) and Netherlands (bronze). Sang Hwa Lee of South Korea was the favorite and set an Olympic record in the race.

However, there are still more speedskating events for her to compete in, as previously posted.

Back to the top

Brittany is the NUMBER ONE trending topic on Yahoo! Here is the link;

https://search.yahoo.com/search?cs=bz&p=Brittany%20Bowe&fr=fp-tts-901&fr2=ps&woeid=12770525
Back to the top

Also, important to note that the 500 isn't "her distance" so she wasn't expected to show in this race. Two days from now, in the 1000, is her best shot, she's the current world record holder in that distance.

Today, I watched her skate live, in Russia, on my cell phone, in HD, from a dunkin donuts in south Florida. Technology is freaking incredible.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Also, important to note that the 500 isn't "her distance" so she wasn't expected to show in this race. Two days from now, in the 1000, is her best shot, she's the current world record holder in that distance.

Today, I watched her skate live, in Russia, on my cell phone, in HD, from a dunkin donuts in south Florida. Technology is freaking incredible.
Posted On: Feb 11th 2014, 8:12 PM #327940

Is Dunkin an official sponsor of the U.S. Olympic team?   Should have gone to McDonalds!
Back to the top

teambeer said

True. Maybe it takes more time for her to "get in the zone"?

teambeer said

Posted On: Feb 11th 2014, 8:12 PM #327940

Oh man. I thought that only happened in commercials. I didn't know people could actually do that.

For instance, I've noticed that most people
A) Check their Facebook on their cell, not their computer
B) YouTube plays too slowly (or people are too impatient) on cell phones
so
C) It's not really worth posting YouTube videos on Facebook

Back to the top

Unfortunately Brittany finished 8th in the 1000M, her best event.  Go get 'em in the 1500M and wear what y'all want this time. DUMB time to try new unis at this stage!
Back to the top

Back to the top

Also ICYMI

Back to the top

Prior to the 1500 meter long track speed skate, they interviewed Britanny and FAU got mentioned. It also showed Britanny and basketball teammates in FAU basketball gear on the court.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: