Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014-2015 CUSA Basketball Discussion

Add topic

Why did Mavin leave the team again?Jarvis issues, like nearly everyone else?
Back to the top

He wanted more playing time.
Back to the top

Apparently he deserved it.
Back to the top

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

Apparently he deserved it.
Posted On: Mar 9th 2015, 3:06 PM #343406

Unfortunately, he didn't want to play defense…
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Why did Mavin leave the team again?Jarvis issues, like nearly everyone else?
Posted On: Mar 9th 2015, 1:34 PM #343403

same question goes to Ray Taylor, Sanchez hughley, kore white, omari grier… Did they all leave the program because of Jarvis?
Back to the top

I sure wish we had Mavin playing no D this year.
Back to the top

Don't be shocked if some people leave the basketball program before next season. It happens a lot in basketball.  Keep in mind, all the kids on the bench were stars of their high school teams. They don't like sitting on the bench. And it is not always the player who decides. Sometimes players are nudged to leave so they can free up a scholly for someone new...
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I sure wish we had Mavin playing no D this year.
Posted On: Mar 9th 2015, 4:43 PM #343409

I think Coach Curry would disagree.

But for all I know, Mavin may play D now.  Kids mature over their 4 years and become totally different players.  
Back to the top

I'm sorry I just don't understand why we ever defend Jarvis. Even if it's true that they didn't fit into the way he wanted the team to play that's an extremely poor job of recruiting and player development. Also we weren't losing guys who were back ups. We were losing the best players on the team. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I'm sorry I just don't understand why we ever defend Jarvis. Even if it's true that they didn't fit into the way he wanted the team to play that's an extremely poor job of recruiting and player development. Also we weren't losing guys who were back ups. We were losing the best players on the team. 
Posted On: Mar 9th 2015, 8:38 PM #343417

I can only speak about why I defend him.

1) My experience of FAU basketball spans over 20 years. From my perspective, he is the best basketball coach we have had…the only thing I have to go on is what I have personally witnessed.  That's all everyone has to go on, so it is understandable that not everyone thinks the same way.

2) He is my friend. Hopefully others defend their friends in the same manner. But that is everyone's own business. I choose to defend mine.

3) He supported me and my effort to build FAU Merchandise. I actually started my business because of conversations with Jarvis. Not many people know that.

My support goes to whomever is the FAU coach.  Just because Jarvis is my friend, I support Curry just as much and think he has the ability to become the best basketball coach we have had.  I really like his style and believe in him.

I hope whomever comes after Curry is the best coach we have had.

I also agree that Jarvis recruited many selfish players.  When you are FAU, you have to take chances.  Sometimes you lose.

But one thing is certain…you cannot let the inmates run the asylum…

The only 2 players that we ever heard of again was Moody and Mavin. One flunked out and one left because his playing time was reduced due to lack of defense.

Hopefully the program advances next year to where we can look to the future instead of the past.  That would be refreshing.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it…

Owls Up!!
Back to the top
Control functions: