Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

***SITE CONTENT CHANGES

Add topic

All,

Over the last number of years we have had the pleasure of working with the FAU Student Community, and providing paid internships which have allowed us to offer game day threads & coverage, specials, previews, and other relevant forum content.

We would like to recognize the folks who participated in this program:

Andrew Ivins
Christian Singleton
Cyrus Smith
Jake Sansom
Wesley Wright

And those who contributed funding towards the program:

Mark Noll, It's Owl Time LLC
Timothy J. Fadgen, CPA
Dr. Levitt, Florida Atlantic University

grayowl
cbboarder
walty12
teambeer
Jab979
Dusky256fc
beastOwl
FauGrad91
duder
Exit39
NcOwl

Due to logistical, financial, and personal considerations, as well as the ever changing social media industry, this program will not be continued as of the conclusion of the 2015 baseball season - and with it the aforementioned content will no longer be provided.

Accordingly, I will also be stepping away from duties enjoyed as a manager and participant in all related content as well, and will focus solely on moderation and occasional postings as able.

As a result of these changes, the main page may be retired, but all previously published and future content will still be available in the sections to the right on the forum.

We do not want anyone to be caught off guard by these changes, and felt it appropriate to provide some background prior to occurrence.

The forum, specials, blogs, and football podcast will continue to operate per normal practice, and we're hopeful that others will pitch in to help carry the torch forward.

Thanks, and Go Owls!

Rick
Back to the top

So no rules is what your saying???
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Jun 20th 2015, 3:59 PM #346173

Yes, you can start game day threads and run them yourself!

But I will still be lurking…

:Ninja:

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Rick said

All,

Over the last number of years we have had the pleasure of working with the FAU Student Community, and providing paid internships which have allowed us to offer game day threads & coverage, specials, previews, and other relevant forum content.

We would like to recognize the folks who participated in this program:

Andrew Ivins
Christian Singleton
Cyrus Smith
Jake Sansom
Wesley Wright

And those who contributed funding towards the program:

Mark Noll, It's Owl Time LLC
Timothy J. Fadgen, CPA
Dr. Levitt, Florida Atlantic University

grayowl
cbboarder
walty12
teambeer
Jab979
Dusky256fc
beastOwl
FauGrad91
duder
Exit39
NcOwl

Due to logistical, financial, and personal considerations, as well as the ever changing social media industry, this program will not be continued as of the conclusion of the 2015 baseball season - and with it the aforementioned content will no longer be provided.

Accordingly, I will also be stepping away from duties enjoyed as a manager and participant in all related content as well, and will focus solely on moderation and occasional postings as able.

As a result of these changes, the main page will be retired, but all previously published and future content will still be available in the sections to the right on the forum.

We do not want anyone to be caught off guard by these changes, and felt it appropriate to provide some background prior to occurrence.

The forum, specials, blogs, and football podcast will continue to operate per normal practice, and we're hopeful that others will pitch in to help carry the torch forward.

Thanks, and Go Owls!

Rick
Posted On: Jun 20th 2015, 1:24 PM #346171

Rick,

Thank you for everything you have done for OwlNation!

I cannot even imagine the amount of time and effort you have put in to this site. To run the game day threads as you have done for so many years, the events you have covered, I don't think many would have had that commitment for so long.  

Now maybe you can enjoy being a FAU fan a little more.  This is a great time for OwlNation to help out if they choose.  

Maybe those who love to follow certain sports will want to jump in and create updates during games.  Maybe we find out what is important and what we all really want to follow and discuss.  

It's a great new opportunity.  

I appreciate the opportunity you have given me and was happy to have you sign the wall today!!

Owls Up!

Rick Henderson @ The Store
Back to the top

Sad to hear this, great stuff has came from Andrew Ivins, Christian Singleton, Cyrus Smith, Jake Sansom, and Wesley Wright.  I am happy that you, Rick, will have more time to focus on things away from the site, I know you have put in a lot of work here in bringing this all together.
Back to the top

But seriously…

Thanks guys, your kind words mean a lot.
Back to the top

i have to agree. ever since i found this site and attended fau, this site has been great with keeping updated on everything and allowed me to meet some great people too,.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

It's interesting that your first inclination is to think no rules instead of appreciating all of the hard work Rick has put in at no economic benefit to himself.  Really the only compensation he probably got was aggravation.

Rick good job with the site, not too many people would have been able to build this forum with the dedication and passion for FAU that you have shown over the years.
Back to the top

I find it interesting that at the first opportunity , "guest" shows up with more criticism. Typical. Thanks for everything you've done Rick. A thankless job well done.
Back to the top

Guest said

owlcountry40 said

It's interesting that your first inclination is to think no rules instead of appreciating all of the hard work Rick has put in at no economic benefit to himself.  Really the only compensation he probably got was aggravation.

Rick good job with the site, not too many people would have been able to build this forum with the dedication and passion for FAU that you have shown over the years.

Posted On: Jun 21st 2015, 10:30 AM #346180
Back to the top
Control functions: