Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Softball Schedule & Results

Add topic

Local Owl said

FAU softball and Baseball. The two programs that have risen with zero support. Gotta love it.
Posted On: Feb 14th 2016, 9:05 AM #354643

I wouldn't say zero support.

Based on merchandise sales influenced by various sports, Softball is up there high on my list. We had a pretty good day on Saturday and a lot of it can be attributed to the softball games this weekend. I know that to be true based on the customers who came in and talked about softball.

I think this might be a special season for softball.  I do not know a lot about softball but I get to talk to families who know tons about softball and the excitement is there.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Local Owl said

FAU softball and Baseball. The two programs that have risen with zero support. Gotta love it.
Posted On: Feb 14th 2016, 9:05 AM #354643

I wouldn't say zero support.

Based on merchandise sales influenced by various sports, Softball is up there high on my list. We had a pretty good day on Saturday and a lot of it can be attributed to the softball games this weekend. I know that to be true based on the customers who came in and talked about softball.

I think this might be a special season for softball.  I do not know a lot about softball but I get to talk to families who know tons about softball and the excitement is there.
Posted On: Feb 14th 2016, 10:54 PM #354652

this was the team that took the eventual national champions florida lady gators to extra innings in the regional finals. baseball has a core support like softball. its just the marketing for it could be better imho, but Mark supports all the supports which is great for the university.
Back to the top

FAU's Softball results are no surprise. My friends in the Northeast, Midwest and throughout Florida that are involved in college sports , are well aware of the team that Coach Joyce has.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Hanson getting some love on ESPN:

espnW NCAA softball player of the week Kylee Hanson
Back to the top

Very Cool - Congrats to Kylee and all the Lady Owls!
Back to the top

FAU Softball picked up another pair of wins on Friday, downing NIU 8-0 in a shortened contest before defeating UConn 3-1 in a extra inning affair.

Florida Atlantic is a perfect 8-0 heading into tomorrow's pair of games featuring a rematch against NIU before taking on Sunshine State opponent FAMU later in the afternoon.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2016 FAU Softball Schedule & Results - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

8-0. Can't get any better than that. Nice job Softball !
Back to the top

Receiving votes for Top 25 ranking but not there yet, looks like.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

8-0. Can't get any better than that. Nice job Softball !
Posted On: Feb 20th 2016, 6:29 AM #354749

And Kylee got 12 strikeouts out of the 15 outs. Impressive.
Back to the top
Control functions: