Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Cylla & Rutherford Leaving FAU

Add topic

I'm glad FGCU doesn't have football.
Back to the top

They're looking into it. According to one report they would need at least $100M to start football.

This is terrible to say but I'm understand how the other programs in our state felt when WE started football… that feeling of, "them? why?"

UWF started up a Div 2 football program last year and play in their baseball stadium converted into a football field; see HERE.

UNF looked into it and decided against it in 2013.

Keiser started up football too, for some reason.
Back to the top

FGCU did just get a new president very recently. So expect the FGCU football conversation to heat up again. Moreover, the study about FGCU feasibility for footballwas conducted BEFORE their Sweet-Sixteen run.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

But back to the original topic. Sucks to see Cylla and Rutherford go.

Cylla couldn't replicate 2015-2016 season's numbers this year, which is a shame. Still, he was a major part of our lineup. He was one of the few players that could provide both an outside and interior scoring threat.

Rutherford finally started to improve his shooting as the season progressed. It was very nice to watch him grow as a player here. With Filer and Rutherford both gone, that leaves a hole at the PG position.

A fun fact about both of these players leaving. The were the ONLY two players to have started all 30 games this past season. Now losing on that experience hurts.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

So why exactly are two STARTERS LEAVING??? Was not playing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

So why exactly are two STARTERS LEAVING??? Was not playing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted On: Mar 22nd 2017, 2:53 PM #367918

That's a fair question…

…though it's not unprecedented: Ray Taylor, Stefan Moody, etc were all getting significant playing time (if not always starting) and still left.
Back to the top

Cylla has found his way to Arkansas, marking the second transfer from FAU to land in the SEC...he joins Stephan Moody from the Mike Jarvis ERA.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

They're looking into it. According to one report they would need at least $100M to start football.

This is terrible to say but I'm understand how the other programs in our state felt when WE started football… that feeling of, "them? why?"

UWF started up a Div 2 football program last year and play in their baseball stadium converted into a football field; see HERE.

UNF looked into it and decided against it in 2013.

Keiser started up football too, for some reason.

Posted On: Mar 17th 2017, 9:33 PM #367806

I do not get starting a program now. College football is not profitable for 80 percent of the country.

TV money is disappearing, attendance nationally is going down, football as a sport has its questions moving forward.

Also, I have trouble seeing where schools are going to get their middle tier donors from moving forward.

The college students of the last 20 years or so are in so much debt they are going to laugh at school when they get the call to see if they can donate a few extra bucks to a program.

Back to the top
Control functions: