Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

"Right now contests are guaranteed to stream on Twitter or FaceBook."

I know I've gotten older, but this makes me feel like my Grandpa.  I dont understand, are you saying I go on twitter and somewhere on the app I can literally watch the FAU game live?  Or I go on FB?  Where?  Somebody's page?  I dont get it.

Can you describe how I would go about watching a football game on Twitter?  I sincerely dont get it.
Posted On: Jun 8th 2017, 11:02 AM #369126

Yea you can go to Stadiums FB or twitter page and they will be playing the game on their feed.
The NFL has done this with Thursday night football games as well as baseball shows a couple games a week on twitter.
 I can go to FAU athletics, and the Nest can also RT or share the feed so any of my followers can see / have access to the feed.
The best part is it's free, so a student who doesn't have cable and might have to sit in the library on a Saturday can now watch the game vs having to go to sports bar or find the friend who pays 150 a  month for cable and now has to the FAU game on channel 684.
Posted On: Jun 8th 2017, 11:23 AM #369127

I'm the $150 month guy unfortunately, but only for 3 months.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I am as well, but If the conference isn't going to get big money for TV we should at least make it easy for our fans to watch.
Just think if you get stuck at some selfish couples fall wedding on the west coast you can sit in the back and watch FAU now.
If you have service you can have the game on your phone while at the game and possibly get replays and hear what the announcers are saying during replays and stuff.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I know I've gotten older, but this makes me feel like my Grandpa.  I dont understand, are you saying I go on twitter and somewhere on the app I can literally watch the FAU game live?  Or I go on FB?  Where?  Somebody's page?  I dont get it.

NFL had a their thursday night games stream live on twitter last season. just login to your twitter, and it's just their in the NFL page. nothing crazy.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

walty12 said

NFL had a their thursday night games stream live on twitter last season. just login to your twitter, and it's just their in the NFL page. nothing crazy.
Posted On: Jun 8th 2017, 3:13 PM #369133

So, on my smart TV I can upload the Twitter App and then login on the TV and bam….I have the FAU game on my 65 inch TV?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

So, on my smart TV I can upload the Twitter App and then login on the TV and bam….I have the FAU game on my 65 inch TV?
Posted On: Jun 9th 2017, 10:20 AM #369143

Oh man, I hope so! Don't really want to sit and watch the game on the laptop if I can get it on TV.
Back to the top

On a smart TV you have a browser…you don't need to upload an app. You just use the browser to log into Twitter then go from there…

Or you can just do what OC said and use a USB cable from your laptop.
Back to the top

Rick said

On a smart TV you have a browser…you don't need to upload an app. You just use the browser to log into Twitter then go from there…

Or you can just do what OC said and use a USB cable from your laptop.
Posted On: Jun 9th 2017, 11:43 AM #369145

If your TV shows FIU games does that mean it's a stupid TV?
Back to the top

Only if we aren't the opponent.

:Smug:
Back to the top

Navy @ FAU in top 20 non-conference games of the year;

The top 20 non-conference college football games to look forward to in 2017

SHOCK 'EM OWLS!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Navy @ FAU in top 20 non-conference games of the year;

The top 20 non-conference college football games to look forward to in 2017

SHOCK 'EM OWLS!!!
Posted On: Jun 29th 2017, 2:40 PM #369294

Great example of the Kiffin effect. That's the only game on the list without a Power 5 school in the game.  If Kiffin is not our coach, that game would not be on the list.  Great opportunity to have a national audience.

Now we just need to win.
Back to the top
Control functions: