Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017-18 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule

Add topic

The boys return to the western edge of the CUSA footprint for another two game set in the Lone Star State. This time, the Owls will take on North Texas, home of a fan base that is surely sick and tired of FAU this academic year.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Senior Ronald Delph was named Conference USA player of the week, as announced by the league office Monday. Delph is just the second FAU player to win the award since joining C-USA in 2013. Pablo Bertone is the last player to garner C-USA Player of the Week honors, on Dec. 9, 2013.

Delph averaged 20.5 points and 7.5 rebounds in the Owls’ two games last week. He scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a 59-53 loss to North Texas. on Thursday night. It was his 12th career double-double and sixth of the season. He followed up with a 20-point, five rebound performance in Saturday’s 63-62 win over Rice. In that contest, he also passed Damon Arnette for fifth place in school history with 554 career rebounds.

On the season, Delph leads the team in both scoring (13.9 ppg) and rebounding (9.0 rpg).
Back to the top

Delph's double-double on Thursday wasn't enough to finish FAU's comeback effort. And he struggled to grab some boards against Rice. Thankfully, Pfister led the team with 11 rebounds, his first double digit rebound day since he claimed 16 in a losing effort to FIU on December 30th.

I'm just really happy that Delph is beginning to dominate, and getting the recognition he deserves. It's been a real treat to watch him grow on the court over the years.

Back to the top

I have been researching all of the D1 CBB teams... and I cannot seem to find another team with anywhere near the amount of Delph we have.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

An second half offensive drought was the difference in the Florida Atlantic University men’s basketball team’s 75-63 loss to WKU on Thursday night.

FAU trailed the Hilltoppers (17-7, 8-2) 31-23 with less than four minutes remaining in the first half, then went on an 11-4 run, capped off by a Gerdarius Troutman jumper just before the buzzer, to pull within 35-34 at the break.

WKU was able to maintain a small, but stubborn lead for most of the second half. Ronald Delph hit a free throw line jumper to trim the Hilltoppers’ lead to three, 61-58, with five minutes to go in the game. That would be FAU’s last field goal for nearly four minutes. In that time, WKU stretched its lead to a dozen to clinch the victory.

Notes

- Gerdarius Troutman led all scorers with 21 points
- Justin Massey scored 13 points and grabbed five rebounds.
- Ronald Delph and Anthony Adger each had 10 points for the Owls.
- FAU's seniors scored 49 of the team’s 63 points and posted 24 of its 36 rebounds.

The Owls nest travel to Marshall and will take on the Herd Saturday at 7:00 PM.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2017-18 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Jon Elmore scored a game-high 22 points to lead Marshall past visiting Florida Atlantic 79-68 on Saturday night.

With the loss the Owls fell to 10-14 and 4-8 in C-USA play.

After a back-and-forth first eight minutes, FAU went on a 5-0 run to take a 21-19 lead but never led therafter as the the Herd (17-8, 8-4) took a 33-28 lead into the break and built upon that margin in the second period.

A 10-3 Owl run capped by a three point basket from Gerdarius Troutman (9 PT) tied the game at 55 with just under 12 minutes left in the contest.

With the Herd regaining control Ronald Delph (21 PT, 11 RB) later made layups on consecutive possessions for the Owls to cut the lead back to one at 60-59.

However an ensuing 11-0 run by Marshall would make it an 71-59 affair with 4:15 left in the game and the Owls could not recover.

Florida Atlantic shot 47% from three point range, however the Herd went 32% from beind the arc and tossed up 22 more attempts than the Owls - a clear factor in the outcome.

The Owls will have Thursday off this week and will next face rival FIU in The Borrow on Saturday, February 17th at 2:00 PM.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2017-18 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Blow it up and start anew.

No excuse for a team with this much talent and this many seniors, to be playing so poorly in the final stretch of every game.

I'm not asking to beat teams like Middle, WKU, and Marshall.. But if we are in position to close the door when there's ten minutes left, can we do so at least half of the time? Every time FAU has the lead or ties the game in the final 10 minutes, it is for nothing.

Back to the top

Again, seems like nobody to TAKE CONTROL of the game on EITHER END, YET AGAIN! Is it the players (ie….RECRUITING) or the Coaches (SYSTEM?????)?

To help address this, here is a link I posted on another thread about the "arena" situation

If Asheville NC can have this why can't FAU/Boca Raton - a development like this needs to get done - in conjunction with a Hotel on that SE corner of campus for highway visibility should be a viable project to me!!!! A medium size Arena/Convocation Center/Convention Center (7500 seats capacity that can be used for conventions as well).

Check it out;

US Cellular Center

Hosting the Federation Cup this weekend!
Back to the top

Fed cup on Tennis Channel now to check it out - not bad at all!!!!
Back to the top

Im hoping the new Athletic Director once named makes the Mens BBall program a priority.  It needs serious help.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: