Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-27-18

Add topic

Rick said

Pretty sure he mean't this is jest Hoot_N_Holler…

:cool:
Posted On: Oct 27th 2018, 9:40 PM #382628

Hahaha! Figured d-owl was tongue in cheek to my tongue in cheek.

Thanks for clarifying!
Back to the top

FINAL:

UAB 19  UTEP 0

The Miners remain winless for the season at 0-8 overall and 0-4 in C-USA.

HOWEVER, they may be able to grab three victories before the year is over given who is left:

Rice 11-3
MTSU 11-10
WKU 11-17
SMiss 11-24
Back to the top

FINAL:

FIU 38  WKU 17

The Panthers become Bowl Eligible at 6-2, 4-0 C-USA, their earliest mark since moving to FBS play.

Time to take care of BUSINESS next weekend in Shula Bowl XVII.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Rick said

Pretty sure he mean't this is jest Hoot_N_Holler…

:cool:
Posted On: Oct 27th 2018, 9:40 PM #382628

Hahaha! Figured d-owl was tongue in cheek to my tongue in cheek.

Thanks for clarifying!
Posted On: Oct 27th 2018, 9:47 PM #382629

LOL no doubt.
Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

FIU 38  WKU 17

The Panthers become Bowl Eligible at 6-2, 4-0 C-USA, their earliest mark since moving to FBS play.

Posted On: Oct 27th 2018, 10:39 PM #382631

Unfortunately, I don't see any indication that we are going to be able to go down there and pull off an upset. They are rolling. I tried to tell anybody that wanted to listen before the season – I felt they were going to surprise people this year. It's a young team also poised to do well for the foreseeable future.
Back to the top

Saw that about Houston too! How in God's name do we looks better and score more vs, TWO TOP 10 TEAMS but look like crap vs CUSA????????????? Get your CRAP TOGETHER Owls Coaches and players, you are back to embarrassing yourselves and your school and your fans! MAN UP AND GET BACK TO PLAYING LIKE WE ARE UP AGAINST THE TOP 10! Go Owls!
Back to the top

A trio of underclassmen take home this week’s C-USA Football weekly awards.

North Texas sophomore RB DeAndre Torrey was named Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week after he rushed for a career-best 130 yards and produced four total touchdowns in the Mean Green’s 41-17 victory over Rice last Saturday.

The Defensive Player of the Week award went to Middle Tennessee sophomore S Reed Blankenship, who had a career-high 17 tackles, one sack, three tackles for loss and a 100-yard interception return for a touchdown in the Blue Raiders’ 51-17 win at Old Dominion. 

The Special Teams Player of the Week honor went to Charlotte freshman K Jonathan Cruz, who had a pair of field goals, including the 39-yard game-winner with 4:19 left in a 20-17 victory over Southern Miss. 
Back to the top

Damn - Charlotte is ahead of FAU in the CUSA East standings (and has a better overall record).  Think about that for a second…
Back to the top

And they deserve to be!

As I said, how do we score 50 points combined on two TOP 10 teams but only 20 vs. two CUSA D's?????

The D is doing better but the O is very pedestrian.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Rick said

FINAL:

FIU 38  WKU 17

Posted On: Oct 27th 2018, 10:39 PM #382631

Unfortunately, I don't see any indication that we are going to be able to go down there and pull off an upset. They are rolling. I tried to tell anybody that wanted to listen before the season – I felt they were going to surprise people this year. It's a young team also poised to do well for the foreseeable future.
Posted On: Oct 27th 2018, 11:24 PM #382633

That’s what we thought about us going into this year… Never know 
Back to the top
Control functions: