Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ FIU - Shula Bowl XVII Game Thread - November 3, 2018

Add topic

SCowl said

Why do we not play our rival on rivalry weekend anymore (thanksgiving weekend?)

And if nothing else this season, I hope the players dig deep and they come up with something to stop the kitties, makes it even better if we can spoil their conference champ chances!!!

GO OWLS!!!
Posted On: Oct 31st 2018, 8:31 AM #382703

Agree and this bothers me.  Game needs to be moved back to that weekend for good.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Here's the revised TV and Video details:

Game Information

TV: Stadium / MYTV WPB / CW Broward

Live Video: Stadium / Facebook

FAU @ FIU - Shula Bowl XVII Game Thread - November 3, 2018 - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

CUSA scheduling idiots is my guess! Nah, let's make the two smaller S. Florida schools play in Miami the same night as Power 5 UM! And start a half hour later than UM so guaranteed no outside viewing interest either! Somebody should be fired for this IMHO!
Back to the top

If not rivalry weekend, would like to see this be the Homecoming game every year it's in Boca.

That doesn't need to be on CUSA since our own Homecoming people can schedule it at whatever time it is here.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

CUSA scheduling idiots is my guess! Nah, let's make the two smaller S. Florida schools play in Miami the same night as Power 5 UM! And start a half hour later than UM so guaranteed no outside viewing interest either! Somebody should be fired for this IMHO!
Posted On: Oct 31st 2018, 12:23 PM #382707

Can you please tell me why you do not do any research before posts???

The ACC dose not do the times of games until two weeks before for TV so no one knew.

I love not playing FIU on Thanksgiving weekend. Holiday weekend homes games will do terrible attendance wise.

Students do not stay.

C-USA schools do not have the fan bases to carry a game that weekend.

You said someone should be fired having us go against UM yet you agree to sticking FAU vs FIU on a weekend with FSU VS UF, UCF vs UCF,  a ton other great games where people will chose to sit on the couch watch football and eat left overs.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Oct 31st 2018, 12:23 PM #382707

Canes? You mean that crappy team that plays at Hard Rock?  :Laughing:
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Can you please tell me why you do not do any research before posts???
Posted On: Oct 31st 2018, 1:44 PM #382709

Because if he did, then you wouldn't have anything to post about?

:Laughing: :Goodbye:  :Not-Talking:  :cool:  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Because if he did , you couldn't use multiple punctuation marks……..
Back to the top

Because if he did, would you even post?
Back to the top

I've never been a fan of playing the Shula Bowl during Thanksgiving weekend. We did it in 2013, which was the most galvanizing year in modern FAU football history, and the attendance was ABYSMAL.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: