Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 C-USA Bowl Games Thread

Add topic

Conference USA is very winnable. There is no excuse. Even the most consistent teams like Marshall and La Tech don't have the reputation that App St. and Troy have right now. UAB, Marshall, FIU, and La tech need to put forth a good showing to make this conference look viable at all.
Back to the top

Instead of thinking about how our conference is doing in bowl games, and they’re getting bludgeoned, I think about us as not being identified as being FAU from C-USA. We’re an up and coming school and have our sights set on bigger things, like an eventual move to the AAC. The Schmidt Center should be a game changer. Just last year I feel we could’ve knocked off just about any G5 school come bowl time.
Back to the top

Agreed! When you guys go buy the Schmidt Center site - TAKE PICS WITH YOUR PHONES AND SHARE  - PLEASE! :cool:
Back to the top

Go by, sorry! :Big-Grin: !
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Instead of thinking about how our conference is doing in bowl games, and they’re getting bludgeoned, I think about us as not being identified as being FAU from C-USA. We’re an up and coming school and have our sights set on bigger things, like an eventual move to the AAC. The Schmidt Center should be a game changer. Just last year I feel we could’ve knocked off just about any G5 school come bowl time.
Posted On: Dec 18th 2018, 11:52 AM #384266

Agree with this.  And we have put the cart before the horse with money invested before long term results with $150ish million dollars in the last 7-8 years in facilities.  Not to mention huge increases in coach pay.

CUSA is open for the taking for whomever can put a complete team together that is well coached.  Financial support is not an issue.  Recruiting territory is not an issue.  Fan attendance is really the only weak spot we currently have…which has been debated, but to me its consistent winning and playing bigger name opponents OOC.

We need Lane and staff to win in 2019.  Another season of not bowling is simply not acceptable.  He's got all the tools he needs to do so.  It's time to step up.  Prove it wasn't Briles that gave us 2017, prove you can run the show and be an effective HC.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Dec 18th 2018, 11:52 AM #384266

So many things need to happen for us to get into a better conference it's unreal.

1. Just read this The AAC is trying to keep UCF, USF from a potential Power 5 move | Miami Herald
 You also need to factor that an 8 team playoff could change everything as well.

2. We if we joined an AAC because of teams like UCF, USF, Houston, Cincy leave that TV contract they have will be cut in half if not more. What is the point of moving conferences just to move if it's just watered down version?

We are not close to being ready to jump as we still need a new Basketball arena and average more than 15k a football game. We would have been dead last in AAC behind two schools that have less than 8k students.

Back to the top

BOCA BOWL FINAL:

UAB 37  NIU 13
Back to the top

Congrats to UAB and your big Bowl win! Finally a CUSA team shows up! Glad you are NOT on our schedule the next few years! :Smug:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Congrats to UAB and your big Bowl win! Finally a CUSA team shows up! Glad you are NOT on our schedule the next few years! :Smug:
Posted On: Dec 19th 2018, 6:44 AM #384274

Was happy to see UAB win it for CUSA last night but they will be a shell of themselves next year.  I wouldn't worry about seeing them for awhile.  I will say after watching them last night we would not have beaten that team this year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Dec 19th 2018, 6:44 AM #384274

Was happy to see UAB win it for CUSA last night but they will be a shell of themselves next year.  I wouldn't worry about seeing them for awhile.  I will say after watching them last night we would not have beaten that team this year.
Posted On: Dec 19th 2018, 9:06 AM #384277

I agree they will be a bit weaker next year as the HUGE recruiting edge the NCAA allowed them on being resurrected will be lessened by graduation and eligibility losses.

How has that guy NOT been taken by a Kansas or who hire retreads of so so Power5 Coaches who will not recruit the same at Kansas as at LSU AT ALL!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: