Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ MTSU - January 5, 2019

Add topic

owlmart said

The Burrow was electric that year!
Posted On: Jan 5th 2019, 8:44 PM #384582

Agreed. That was an awesome time to be an FAU basketball fan!

Back to the top

Dusty May is building something special. I'm not saying that the remainder of this season will be as fun as the magical 2010-2011 season, but we're certainly getting there.

Jump on the May Train now before it runs out of room.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Great to see the Owls get back on the winning track vs Middle Tennessee.  Gotta love the passion G Anthony Adger plays with.  He experience is extremely valuable, as many guards are playing their first minutes of Division 1 basketball this season.  FAU still had trouble with ball handling and pace. Only having 8 turnovers is a step in the right direction. Great to see Mississippi St. transfer F Xavian Stapleton back on court.  His ability to handle the basketball is very useful as it takes pressure off the young guards. Stapleton also has shown strong playmaking ability.  He is a powerful dunker, and is not afraid to pull up from three point land.

Dusty May is now off to a 10-5 start here in Boca Raton.  He is doing phenomenal work with such a young team. It should also be noted that only two healthy players remain from last season (Adger, Lepiechev).  A great majority of the team just started playing basketball with each other this summer.

Next up is Old Dominion in Boca.  Hopefully, FAU can keep the momentum going in the conference, and keep turning heads in Conference USA
Back to the top

ODU is very good (11-4 with wins over VCU, Syracuse and WKU) so I don't expect too much but DO know Coach may will have the guys competing! Congrats on the long overdue win over MTSU!
Back to the top

It's impressive what he's been able to do so far.

Legitimate question….just looking at roster talent I'd have to assume after the mass exodus of last season and lack of any success over the last 5 years in basketball we have to rank in the bottom 1/3 of CUSA correct?  I am asking about just objectively looking at the talent on our roster.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

If we had all of our guys healthy, we would be able to compete with any team in the league at home IMHO…road, close but that is always more difficult.

Regardless, personally would put us in the top half…we do a lot of things well - like rebounding.

With the new guys we have coming in we're going to be very a good team next season (unless May leaves).
Back to the top

Rick said

If we had all of our guys healthy, we would be able to compete with any team in the league at home IMHO…road, close but that is always more difficult.

Regardless, personally would put us in the top half…we do a lot of things well - like rebounding.

With the new guys we have coming in we're going to be very a good team next season (unless May leaves).
Posted On: Jan 7th 2019, 1:50 PM #384590

Thanks.  Hope he doesn't leave.  Be nice to see us invest enough in basketball to keep a coach like May around long enough to build his team the way he is capable of over 4-5 years.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: