Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU off-campus housing recommendations

Add topic

My daughter has lived on campus the first two years (in a 4-br apartment at IVA now).  She and 2 of her sorority sisters are going to move off-campus next Fall (or this Summer).  Anybody have any recommendations?  Not being from (or spending that much time) in Boca, I am no good to her in recommending places - especially since I gravitate more towards the price than anything else!!!

So let me know where we should look, and maybe more importantly - where we should NOT look!
Back to the top

Owl2doc would be your premier resource…

Doc??
Back to the top

It really depends on y'alls price range.

I've always liked the newer apartments close to campus along 20th St. You can get something cheaper across from campus on the South of Glades, but things can get a bit sketchy down there. You also have some complexes right behind the mall, but you'll get more families around that area.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

My first apartment in Boca was one of those just west of the mall, Town Colony, I think. There were more family-types there, which, I liked. Clean and quiet. And now that mall has so much more stuff around it, all walking distance. I don't work for Town Colony.

20th Street's new stuff is OK. 20th Street's old stuff is much less OK.

My last apartment in "Boca" was in Highland Beach. We found a great deal with someone looking to rent their beachfront condo. So. You never know.
Back to the top

Thanks for the replies.  I looked at Boca Colony (not too far from the mall, but not sure it is the same place???).  One of the big challenges is they want a 3-br, which don't seem to be too common.  They don't seem to like the newer stuff around 20th Street, and of course sent me a bunch of stuff close to the beach in Delray to look at.  I told  them beggers can't be choosers!!!
Back to the top

Ha. The "cheapest" place I had was a house in Deerfield (not Deerfield Beach), just off of Powerline, I think. On a good day, I could still ride a bike to campus. It might be easier to find three bedroom houses rather than apartments. But honestly, the only places in Boca I've been to for quite a while now, have been the stadium and surrounding parking lots.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

My first apartment in Boca was one of those just west of the mall, Town Colony, I think. There were more family-types there, which, I liked. Clean and quiet. And now that mall has so much more stuff around it, all walking distance. I don't work for Town Colony.

20th Street's new stuff is OK. 20th Street's old stuff is much less OK.

My last apartment in "Boca" was in Highland Beach. We found a great deal with someone looking to rent their beachfront condo. So. You never know.
Posted On: Feb 1st 2019, 3:15 PM #384918
Haha my first off campus spot was one of those 20th Street "old stuff" spots (on NW 4th). Not sure what they look like now, but that place had a new name last I went around there. Still, it served its purpose.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Thanks for the replies.  I looked at Boca Colony (not too far from the mall, but not sure it is the same place???).  One of the big challenges is they want a 3-br, which don't seem to be too common.  They don't seem to like the newer stuff around 20th Street, and of course sent me a bunch of stuff close to the beach in Delray to look at.  I told  them beggers can't be choosers!!!
Posted On: Feb 1st 2019, 4:12 PM #384919

I lived in Boca Colony.  

Keep looking.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Different places. Gables Town Colony (I had to google map it to be sure, everything down there has damned near the same name).
Back to the top

I lived in gables town place for years, largely because it was walking distance from Nippers…but it was clean, safe, and a nice spot. Also, Kris Bartels was my neighbor for 2 of them, which was a nice perk.

Living there, I used to run in that area and there are a number of complexes right around the mall that would probably suit 3 girls well as I imagine they won’t be throwing their own parties and they are a bit quieter than the 20th st lot.
Back to the top
Control functions: