Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. Old Dominion - April 26th-28th, 2019

Add topic

One way to avoid leaving runners on: Hitting a HR to knock them all home.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Holy smokes…. When it looked all lost, FAU pulls within a run of ODU!

Back to the top

Morgensen is HBP, allowing FAU to load the bases with Pedro Pages coming up to bat.

Pages will be the Owls' 10th batter this inning. ODU will make their FOURTH pitching change of the ninth inning.

Back to the top

THE OWLS DID IT!!! WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!

Back to the top

Man, did we need that or WHAT!?

Back to the top

GREAT comeback guys, ya really needed that one! Too bad we did not have a very good weekend after beating UCF and UF recently!!! FINISH STRONG GUYS!!!!!!
Back to the top

The Florida Atlantic University baseball team was three outs away from falling prey to a three-game sweep at the hands of Old Dominion at the Owls’ home stadium, losing to the Monarchs, 7-1, heading into the bottom of the ninth. Twenty-nine minutes and eleven batters later, and for the second time in the inning, Pedro Pages came through with a single, with his walkoff scoring two to finish off a seven-run final-inning rally for an improbable 8-7 comeback win on Sunday afternoon.

From the time FAU (29-14, 15-6) tied it in the fourth, until heading to the plate for their final at-bat, Old Dominion scored six unanswered runs, including three in the eighth. Up 7-1, ODU starter Ryne Moore entered the ninth having posted three straight 1-2-3 innings, retiring 11 in a row and 14 of 15, and came back out looking for the complete game victory.

The ninth began when Pages hit a hard shot down the leftfield line, fielded by ODU’s third baseman Bryce Windham on a dive. But his throw bounced and got past first, allowing Pages to reach second on the hit and error. Francisco Urbaez rapped a clean single through the left side, and Mitchell Hartigan followed by turning on a 2-0 pitch deep to right for a three-run homer. Still, ODU led 7-4, with the bases empty.

The Monarchs (26-17, 9-12 C-USA) turned to lefthanded reliever Isaiah Nelson, and Richie Nizza greeted him with a pinch-hit single. After a fielder’s choice, another new pitcher, Morgan Maguire, hit Eric Rivera with the first pitch he would offer, and then he walked Andru Summerall on a 3-2 pitch to load the bases. Joe Montes lined a single to deep right to score two, cutting it to 7-6 with one out.

Maguire would hit another Owl, Bobby Morgensen, loading the bases and necessitating another pitching change. Pages would come up for the second time in the inning, against Connor Muly, and on a 3-2 count, he lined this single up the middle to score two and send the Owls out of the dugout in celebration.

"The guys stuck with it, we got enough outs and we ended up getting the ‘W.'", said Head Coach John McCormack. "It’s a huge win for our program, happy for the guys.”

The Owls will next host FGCU on Tesday at 6:30 PM before hitting the road for a series against Southern Mississippi.

- FAU Baseball SID Jonathan Fraysure

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top
Control functions: