Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#17 UCF @ FAU @ Game Thread - September 7, 2019

Add topic

I am not at all convinced we are going to be competitive in this football game.  

We did some decent things against Ohio State after looking like we had no clue how to play football for almost a quarter and the score was 28-0.

Going into this game expecting to lose by 21 and be excited for anything better TBH.

Our season starts the following week in my mind, first 2 games are preseason.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I believe coach Spencer can keep us in this game. The main factor will be our offense and the capability to put points early on UCF. Either way, this will be a great event to attend. In my opinion, I think this year overall is the best coaching staff in FAU history so if we have a chance to win, now is the time to do so against a top 20 team in our own stadium.  Can't wait to attend the alumni center too the unlimited food and beer is a great deal.

Go owls!
Back to the top

No, just slight re-arrangement...
Back to the top

walty12 said

We did some decent things against Ohio State after looking like we had no clue how to play football for almost a quarter and the score was 28-0.

Posted On: Sep 3rd 2019, 10:38 AM #388051

They completely changed what we thought they were going to do and we basically had to come up with an entirely new game plan the first quarter…did pretty well from there onward given the talent level we were up against…
Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

Posted On: Sep 3rd 2019, 10:38 AM #388051

They completely changed what we thought they were going to do and we basically had to come up with an entirely new game plan the first quarter…did pretty well from there onward given the talent level we were up against…
Posted On: Sep 3rd 2019, 11:04 AM #388054

I hope we have a better idea of what we think UCF is going to do.

Some of our defensive alignments plain flat out didn't make sense in Q1 Saturday.  I'm not going to get into breaking down the plays on the forum, but simply put - our D coordinator didn't give our guys a chance.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Kiffin is very open and honest…he didn't say a word about Spencer that i recall…he's pretty straight forward with assigning "blame"…it must be a but more than just that.

Besides, you could say the same thing for OSU the final three quarters, as we outscored them…is that because they didn't have the right calls?

Or is it because they simply couldn't stop us at times?

Back to the top

Just checking out the public UCF board, and while they aren't doing a ton of talking about the game (a lot of posts but not very specific about the match-up - assume they do that on the private site), most of them don't believe FAU has very much for them.  I totally get their expectations, but only a couple even concede that there is any chance at all this game could even possibly be close.  I checked 5dimes and the spread is up to 10 (I also noted that Charlotte is getting 22 from Appalachian State, WKU is getting 7.5 from FIU, and North Texas is getting 3.5 from SMU as they had several of the C-USA games close together on the sheet).

The Owls can't afford to come out and get shell-shocked to start the game.  We don't want to squeak out winning the last 3 quarters after falling behind big to start the game.
Back to the top

Vs. An average team, we would not have been down 28-0 after coming out with an entirely wrong plan. But we were playing osu. When I explained to my uf,  um, day, friends that we did well the last three quarters, they said it was because osu pulled their starters. This did not occure. Their starters played.  Once we adjusted , we were fine. But that was an ugly first quarter. Very disheartening. Question for the guys in the know,  any work on Leroy?
Back to the top

Fsu.  Not day. Auto correct.
Back to the top

Leroy is fine… 
Back to the top
Control functions: