Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#17 UCF @ FAU @ Game Thread - September 7, 2019

Add topic

Our offense will never be what it was under Briles.  We need to grind out wins the old fashion way, by stopping opponents and being more balanced on offense. I think it's time we unleash Robison and see how far his arm can take us.  He seemed more poised and made good decisions. It was not his fault Bryant and others dropped the ball in key moments.  If he can play like he did in the Air Force game he will win every award in CUSA and get national recognition.  There is a reason Kiffin keeps him around even after all of blunders.  He has a plethora of talent that needs to be harnessed. The rb's are not like motor at all, they seemed to get stuffed on all designed runs.  It was just hard to watch them not go far after a play was called,  I want more screens if this is the case to give Chris short high percentage throws.  The Willie Wright wannabe jet sweep should not be used again unless we are in dire need of catching a defense off guard.  It only worked when Briles called the play.  Spencer will be the difference we get to at least 7 wins this year.  I think we can beat UCF, it doesn't matter about  how many games they have won.  It all comes down to who wants it more.  We have struggled and lost these games for so long, one day it has to change and I think we have a great chance this Saturday.  Milton was the reason UCF was special, and he is not playing on Saturday which gives us a fighter's chance.  That line would be lower had UCF not blown out FAMU.  UCF is not OSU, this one will be an all-timer for us.
Back to the top

faufan300 said

Our offense will never be what it was under Briles.  We need to grind out wins the old fashion way, by stopping opponents and being more balanced on offense. I think it's time we unleash Robison and see how far his arm can take us.  He seemed more poised and made good decisions. It was not his fault Bryant and others dropped the ball in key moments.  If he can play like he did in the Air Force game he will win every award in CUSA and get national recognition.  There is a reason Kiffin keeps him around even after all of blunders.  He has a plethora of talent that needs to be harnessed. The rb's are not like motor at all, they seemed to get stuffed on all designed runs.  It was just hard to watch them not go far after a play was called,  I want more screens if this is the case to give Chris short high percentage throws.  The Willie Wright wannabe jet sweep should not be used again unless we are in dire need of catching a defense off guard.  It only worked when Briles called the play.  Spencer will be the difference we get to at least 7 wins this year.  I think we can beat UCF, it doesn't matter about  how many games they have won.  It all comes down to who wants it more.  We have struggled and lost these games for so long, one day it has to change and I think we have a great chance this Saturday.  Milton was the reason UCF was special, and he is not playing on Saturday which gives us a fighter's chance.  That line would be lower had UCF not blown out FAMU.  UCF is not OSU, this one will be an all-timer for us.
Posted On: Sep 3rd 2019, 4:14 PM #388062

The Briels that scored 0 points in the 2nd half this week with 6 the best roster in the country?

Back to the top

I know for the people on this board it is highly unlikely, but if anybody happens to have extra tickets they are willing to sell send me a private message.  I see some tickets still available through the FAU ticket office for current and former season ticket holders all in the Delray deck, but the stuff on the secondary market is not great (for the price versus location).

Sorry for the shameful ask, but I need to get 3 tickets together if possible.  Didn't think the family would go, but now they say they want to.

And on that note, do we expect a sellout?  The storm could cause some people to stay away, and there are smatterings of tickets available.  But it looks like a crowd at least similar to Lane's first game against Navy.
Back to the top

FYI: UCF will not practice tomorrow because of Dorian and Thursday, from what I’ve been told, is up in the air. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

FYI: UCF will not practice tomorrow because of Dorian and Thursday, from what I’ve been told, is up in the air. 
Posted On: Sep 3rd 2019, 7:09 PM #388066

Back to the top

We dodged a major bullet this week with the storm. I know Lane and Company did the best they could to get the team ready. The IPF would help but we know that is still a few years away, unless we can get some major donors lined up. Yet this week will is all about UCF and their high power offense and their tough defense. We have to keep them off balance on the defensive side of the ball and not get to predictable. On the defensive side of the ball, have to keep the assignments, and not allow the big plays that doomed us in the first quarter vs Ohio State. Yet our defense I know is going to be fired up this week knowing that after a bad first quarter and half a fourth quarter they showed promised against the number five team in the land, and you can say the same with the offense. We are going to need all of our fans to be loud and stick around if its a tight game.
Back to the top

I’m flying in for the game.  Do the lots open at 3?
Back to the top

owlmart said

Posted On: Sep 4th 2019, 6:17 PM #388080

They just announced 1:00!
I am so pumped. 
Back to the top

I'm so ready.  My room mate at FAU  from 1980-1982 is flying in from new jersey Friday. If anyone is out on atlantic avenue Friday night and see two messed up 59 year old guys, say hello. His first FAU  football game.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

owlmart said

Posted On: Sep 4th 2019, 6:17 PM #388080

They just announced 1:00!
I am so pumped. 
Posted On: Sep 4th 2019, 7:12 PM #388081

Saw this today and made sure to record the game….have a feeling my memory of it come Sunday morning may be a bit hazy.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: