Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-2-19

Add topic

Marshall may want to watch out for Charlotte. They are putting a whooping on Middle Tennessee.
Back to the top

FINAL:

MTSU 20  Charlotte 34

The 49ers win the battle of the 3-5 teams, and MTSU will now need to win out just to get to 6 wins.
Back to the top

FINAL:

Marshall 20  Rice 7

Back to the top

FINAL:

North Texas 52  UTEP 26

Mean Green move to 4-5.
Back to the top

Back to the top

FINAL:

UAB 7  Tennessee 30

The Blazers run into the buzz saw of the Volunteers Bowl Hopes.

When the UT reserves come in, they manage a score.

The Volunteers did need three FG to complete their offense. But with 36, 48, and 53 yarders to their credit the effort was more than credible.
Back to the top

I really wish we had the last 2 defensive possessions of each half against Marshall to do over again.  That loss is very large right now.  The Owls have to take care of what they can - I don’t expect any lack of focus with a rivalry game this week, but we need to be play good football and probably have to win-out to win the division.  Marshall has a tough game against La Tech this week, so if we beat the Panthers and they lose we will be atop our side.  But there is no room for error unless everybody else loses, too.  So let’s just win!
Back to the top

One thing I will say positive for C-USA it seems like WKU and Charlotte got it right with their HC hires. The more quality coaches in this league it will only help it improve. 

Also Marshall having to travel to Charlotte looks a little tougher now than it did a couple weeks ago. 
Back to the top

I think this season has been playing pretty well. We rank 97th in FBS for returning talent. Most of our players/team is super young. We've done decently this year considering its a rebuilding year for us. A big recruiting class this offseason sets us up for a dominant 2020 run. Our 2020 schedule is something that we can definitely run through.
Back to the top

Coaching 101,,take care of business. You can't worry about the other guy. We need to win out. Marshall at LTU is our big hope. Charlotte  has a surprising offense that could upset . But the bottom line is none of that will matter unless we win out. And I think  it is a possibility.
Back to the top
Control functions: