Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Flagler @ FAU - November 5, 2019

Add topic

FAU Basketball to Begin 2019-2020 Season vs. Flagler

What: Flagler vs. Florida Atlantic

When: Tuesday, December 5th, @ 7:00 PM Eastern

Where: Abessinio Court at FAU Arena

Series: The Owls have only played Flagler twice, splitting the series. Both games were played in FAU's inaugural season of 1988-89.

TV: None

Stream: CUSA.tv *FEE

Radio: FoxSports 640

Live Stats: Here

Flagler Team Site: Here

2018-19 Flagler at a Glance:

Offense - 75.4 PPG, 45% FG, 35% 3PT

Defense - 80.5 PPGA, 43% FGA, 35% 3PTA

Rebounding - 38.5 RPG Saints, 38.9 RPG Opponents

Notables

The Saints will take the trip down I-95 from St. Augustin for the first time in 30 years, hoping that their Division I opponent will be kinder than their previous one. Last Wednesday, Flagler fell short in their upset bid over the Miami Hurricanes, losing 86-65. Despite that game going down as an exhibition game, the Saints did put in a slight scare in the 'Canes, pulling within 8 points at one point in the second half.

Flagler College's most dangerous player is 6"5' G/H hybrid Gedi Jouzapaitis. The sophomore from London, United Kingdom, started all 27 games he played in last season. He lead his team in points (14) and rebounds (11) in the Saints' loss to UM last week.

2018-19 FAU at a Glance:

Offense - 70.4 PPG, 41% FG, 32% 3PT

Defense - 68 PPGA, 41% FGA, 32% 3PTA

Rebounding - 39.2 RPG Owls, 35.7 RPG Opponents

Notables

Dusty May returns to The Burrow for his second season at the helm of the Owls' Basketball program. His first year saw FAU's first winning season since the 2010-2011 campaign.

The Owls looked sharp in their lone exhibition game of the season, toppling their cross-town rivals Lynn University 92-75. Guard Richard Maitre lead the team with 15 points, 9 of which coming from beyond the three-point arc.

Stars Jaliyn Ingram and Jaylen Sebree saw their first bit of action since injuries forced their 2018-2019 to end prematurely. Ingram scored 11 points in just 8 minutes. That statline is even more impressive when considering he is less than a year removed from an ACL tear. Ingram led the team in points and rebounds when he went down at Arkansas State, in just the ninth game of the season. Sebree finished the exhibition with 10 points and a rebound shy of a double-double in his first game since early January.

Latest Line: N/A

Additional Links:

2019-2020 FAU Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

2019-2020 FAU Basketball Season Discussion Thread - FAU Owl's Nest

2019-2020 FAU Basketball Season Preview - FAU Owl's Nest

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

It is GOOD to be back at The Burrow!

Back to the top

Have to think Ingram will be coming in once Dusty May calls in his first set of rotations.

Back to the top

Forrest with the first bucket of the season.

As expected, Ingram sees his first bit of action a few minutes later when Dusty May implemented his first rotation of the game.

Forrest at the point was the only started to remain on the court once the substations were made.

Back to the top

Really good start so far. Solid defense, sound rebounding, fast off the ball movement.

The big-men hitting threes is just the icing on the cake.

Back to the top

What a start for Dusty May's boys!

Back to the top

Love this stat tweeted out from one of our own!

The depth in this team might be some of the best in program history. Foul trouble and injuries won't hurt this year's team like it did last year.

Back to the top

Flagler has pulled as close as 15 points earlier, but it looks like the FAU offense has resumed from their first half hot streak.

Back to the top

EW!!

Owls have been getting absolutely manhandled defensively. Our Flagler player to watch, Gedi Juozapaitis has a game high 21 points. Flagler can't miss to save their lives.

Back to the top

Final: OWLS WIN!

FAU's impressive first half provided the insurance needed to withhold Flagler's intense second half push.

Back to the top
Control functions: