Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin to Ole Miss

teambeer said

Typically the university losing staff doesn't announce it. but I imagine OM will when it's done.

I did read somewhere that Lane was targeting some other DCs so seems like Spencer won't go with him.
Posted On: Dec 9th 2019, 8:51 AM #391904

I wasn't sure what the policy was but they had one for Wilson so I assumed they would do the same for Kevin and Charlie.
Back to the top

At some point, it starts looking bad  :Laughing: "we'd also like to thank the following 4 coaches who are also leaving for their time with us!" just not a good look.
Back to the top

I think that Kiffin wanted the money of a P5 and status. I remember Mullin poked fun at the fact he wasn’t making much here. But once he went to Ole Miss he probably realized that it’s so much more fun here. If we were P5 coaches wouldn’t be leaving here for Mississippi. Boy, I dont really want to live there
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I think that Kiffin wanted the money of a P5 and status. I remember Mullin poked fun at the fact he wasn’t making much here. But once he went to Ole Miss he probably realized that it’s so much more fun here. If we were P5 coaches wouldn’t be leaving here for Mississippi. Boy, I dont really want to live there
Posted On: May 8th 2020, 12:22 AM #394895

I really hate the entire concept of P5! MANY schools in P5 ONLY there because they are older with a Conference connection. They ARE NOT better, or bigger. A lot of G5 schools actually offer much more in student size, media market, attendance, and much more long term potential.

They (FAU included) just don't have the history, being a newer generation of schools created by the States to serve population growth that the older schools like FSU and UF could not handle or serve. Or the States geographic needs with both UF and FSU being both in north Florida, not the growing population centers of the State of Florida like central and south Florida!!!

So odd to be discriminated with and the victim of basically a monopolistic "system" of Conferences, when FAU is now over 50 years old!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I’m proud that my whole family’s from the South. But the campus of Ole Miss is pretty out there. Mobile is as far as my family’s roots are. And I’m skeptical of people from Texas. But Ole Miss is in nowheresville. Without P5 they’re a joke. That’s way out where I’d never want to be. 
Back to the top

I'm sure the people in Texas and Mississippi feel differently. But that's just a guess.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm sure the people in Texas and Mississippi feel differently. But that's just a guess.
Posted On: May 8th 2020, 7:42 PM #394902
There’s a reason why Lane has spent more time in Boca than Oxford since being the Ole Miss coach. There’s a reason why people vacation here in droves and not oxford.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I agree and am not arguing with you. But Texans love Texas and mississoppians love Mississippi. Yhey choose that slower, simpler life.
Back to the top

It’s almost shocking how much Kiffin talks about us on Twitter with FAU hashtags and everything. He said when he was hired by Ole Miss that it wasn’t the same not being P5. He also said that he really liked being in Mississippi from when he visited his brother who was an assistant there at the time and that’s one of the reasons he loved going to Ole Miss. The first part I can buy. We don’t want to be in the conference we’re in too. But the 2nd part is pure lip service. Look for Lane to bounce once a job with any sort of quality of living comes up. He’ll stay at Ole Miss for a few years just not to look like he’s jumping jobs like the first part of his career. But make no mistake. He wants out. Probably to the PAC 12
Back to the top

Personally believe he wants to beat Saban...the Ole Miss opportunity gave him a chance to do that...
Back to the top
Control functions: