Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

Jack D Whidden III said

Weiss Jr. is on his way out.

And Spencer sounded pretty nostalgic during the Boca Boca Luncheon.

Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 6:20 PM #392516

If he puts people like pimpleton and woodie as coordinators he's dead on arrival.    They were awful enough as position coaches.    That would show me Willie can't recruit good coaches if he has to go back to the same old flunkies

Spencer should be retained.   Kiffin was the brains behind the offense so I wouldn't miss Weiss jr provided taggart hires a competent coach instead of one of his boys
Back to the top

Willie hiring his friends to be coordinators while firing Spencer would be an absolute blow. It would be infuriating if we go back to being a 3-9 next season
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 6:20 PM #392516
Im not completely surprised that Weis jr is on his way out. Kiffin was calling the plays. I DON'T think Taggart wants to lose spencer. Glenn Spencer may have gotten a better job offer, heck he might get a head coaching job at a G5 school or a DC position at a P5 school. Spencer had interviewed for the head coaching job at UTSA back in 2016.
Back to the top

Are there even any G5 HC position available out there for Glenn Spencer.
Back to the top

If you come into a winning program, and you do not have specific dynamite crew, why not use as much of the winning staff as you can keep.

Better yet, announce glenn Spencer today and fire-up the team for the bowl game! 
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Willie hiring his friends to be coordinators while firing Spencer would be an absolute blow. It would be infuriating if we go back to being a 3-9 next season
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 6:44 PM #392521

Who said he is firing him. Reports say USF who pays more and an SEC school are looking at spencer.
Back to the top

Big news…This must be where the Taggart savings are going.  Hope he can bring in Briles too…

SOURCE: Jim Leavitt is set to become the new defensive coordinator at #FAU. Leavitt was Willie Taggart's DC at #Oregon in 2017.
11:21 AM · Dec 21, 2019 - Bruce Feldman.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Big news…This must be where the Taggart savings are going.  Hope he can bring in Briles too…

SOURCE: Jim Leavitt is set to become the new defensive coordinator at #FAU. Leavitt was Willie Taggart's DC at #Oregon in 2017.
Posted On: Dec 21st 2019, 11:24 AM #392543

Lets go!!!!
Back to the top

Just going to drop this here.

GO OWLS!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Posted On: Dec 21st 2019, 11:24 AM #392543

If he brings briles look out! 
Back to the top
Control functions: