Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Roster attrition

Does anyone know of players leaving the program via transfer? Or anyone leaving early for the draft? Figure this would be a greater possibility than previous years due to staff changes.
Back to the top

I haven't even heard rumors. But grades are a factor that is never publicized.  As for the NFL,  imho, Bryant is the only player that is 100% ready. We have a couple more that will benefit from a senior year. But it seems that these announcements always come as a surprise to the fans.
Back to the top

Good chance James Pierre leaves. He made mention before the boca bowl it was his last ride. 
Back to the top

Pierre declared, that’s huge, but expected.
Back to the top

I wouldn't call this "attrition" but Leroy is not on the team right now, and is not enrolled.

Academic issues, he's working hard to get back on, and if he can do his part, he is welcome back.

Keep him in your Prayers!

Hard lesson to learn.
Back to the top

Such an emotional player. My favorite.  Loved his aggression. I wish him well and hope he can correct the issues.
Back to the top

Rick said

I wouldn't call this "attrition" but Leroy is not on the team right now, and is not enrolled.

Academic issues, he's working hard to get back on, and if he can do his part, he is welcome back.

Keep him in your Prayers!

Hard lesson to learn.
Posted On: Feb 17th 2020, 7:47 PM #394149

Out of curiosity, what was the linebacking core by snaps in the Boca Bowl?

Obviously hope for the best with Leroy. Heart & soul of the D. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Really tough situation for KeKe Leory. Wishing him nothing short of the best! He is the heartbeat of the defense. Linebackers to keep an eye on in the spring/summer are Antarrius Moultrie (redshirted as a freshmen last year due to injury), Senior Caliph Brice (made several impact plays as a rotational linebacker and on special teams, in his first year on campus) and Eddie Williams (sophomore from Miami- Palmetto HS showed no problems adjusting from HS to college ball, played very well on special teams, strong "read and react instincts")
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Such an emotional player. My favorite.  Loved his aggression. I wish him well and hope he can correct the issues.
Posted On: Feb 17th 2020, 8:08 PM #394150

C'mon Keke - get it together and keep your NFL dream alive - work hard young man!!! The team did well vs. SMU with you out BUT we are SO MUCH BETTER WITH YOU! :cool:
Back to the top

Losing Leroy would a major blow due to the lack of other experienced LB's.

Hosa Barwell also is not currently working with the team and might have opted to go pro.

Outside of Leighton McCarthy - who might be changing positions in the 3-4 - leaves FAU with practically zero starting experience in it's front 7.

Run defense could be rough to start the season.
Back to the top
Control functions: