Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Boca Bowl Attendance Review

Art Vandelay said

Do season ticket holders from previous years get discounts for the coming seasons tickets?
Posted On: Jan 11th 2020, 6:46 PM #393354

No, just first choice for their same seats.  I don’t think there is any issue with our ticket prices, we are well within the averages with a better stadium than most in CUSA.  

I just wish we had a bigger band.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

dmarkey said

And those of you complaining about the band:

Do you know the words or cheers to the fight songs? (yes theres the fight song, red and blue, and the victory song)
Do you know the words to the alma mater? And do you stay at the end of the game to sing it? (bonus points if you've noticed that they finally post the words on the scoreboard, which is not a band controlled thing)
Do you know the chant to the Let's Go Owls song? Do you participate when it's played?
Do you know the chant (or hand motion) to the defense song? Do you participate when its played?
Do you do owl fingers in a circle above you head at kick offs?

If you're about to blame the band for not knowing this then a)you're not paying attention b)you don't attend/watch the pre-game show or c)you don't attend the alumni pep rallies (or in the past the rallies in front of the stadium).

So once you are an OWL fan participating in the band's game day presence, then you can take your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to the band director.
Posted On: Jan 11th 2020, 5:55 PM #393349

CBD oil helps.
Posted On: Jan 11th 2020, 8:39 PM #393359

Yeah I’ll get right on that 🙄

AEA
Back to the top

I am NJOWL's friend from the band. I did one marching season at FSU and three at FAU. Call it a red shirt. I tried to be Drum Major three times and tried to grow the band by integrating it more closely with the student body. This was before Kiffin. The FAU band didn't like my input from a bigger school perspective. They wanted to just do themselves. Which was really fun for them. But doesn't make a big time college band. Below are my thoughts. We need to grow the band to match the growth of athletics, and then it will be a real asset in the Game Day experience.

In my experience, the band has sought to separate itself from the greater Gameday experience. Not on an official basis, but on a cultural basis. Band members participate because they want to do band with their friends, not because they're interested in football. Growing the band solves this because you will be attracting people that can play but also that care about the experience of Game Day. Both people are necessary to a great college band.

The music department needs its budget to expand in a big way. I intend to create an endowment in the organization to provide scholarships for students. But the band needs to change in a few ways. It needs to greatly expand its scholarships and its marketing, to attract greater numbers of participants. It needs greater integration with a now successful athletics department, and this will yield bigger benefits as the band grows. Finally, it needs to expand its ability to hire better marching personnel, to make the band look and sound better.
Back to the top

I thi k the uber and lyft  zones are a much needed addition. My daughter and boy friend were dropped off by glades road. That's crazy.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I thi k the uber and lyft  zones are a much needed addition. My daughter and boy friend were dropped off by glades road. That's crazy.
Posted On: Jan 12th 2020, 6:51 AM #393364

Post Marshall game we had to wait almost 30 min for the Uber to come get us 
Back to the top

Yea. It's 2020. Time to make a plan.
Back to the top
Control functions: