Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Rice - January 9, 2020

Add topic

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Does Dusty quit coaching in the 2nd half? Absolutely ridiculous!
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 9:37 PM #393278

No, the team is encountering some "difficulty".

:Big-Grin:  :Goodbye:  :Not-Talking:  :Winking:
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 9:40 PM #393281

Every away game we run into difficulty
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 9:47 PM #393284

The line was -1 Rice for a reason…they might have known about the issue with Ingram, who knows.

I did not, but he hasn't been a key contributor until just recently, and that's why I am still holding on to my +4 point victory!

Go Owls!
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 9:51 PM #393287

Did you watch the loss of a 22 point lead 5 minutes into the 2nd half to go down by 1 on a 35 to 13 run? That was not an Ingram issue.  That happened against USF and FGCU and the last home game to a lesser extent.  It’s an issue.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

(FAU) OWLS WIN! FAU 81 - Rice 76.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019-20 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Here's the final stats from tonight's THRILLER!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Did you watch the loss of a 22 point lead 5 minutes into the 2nd half to go down by 1 on a 35 to 13 run? That was not an Ingram issue.  That happened against USF and FGCU and the last home game to a lesser extent.  It’s an issue.
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 9:58 PM #393291

Yeah, that needs to be addressed, we weren't supposed to beat USF and FGCU was -2.5, but completely agree!

No kudos for being 1 point away from my original prediction of -4 vs Rice despite the line being +1??

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

Huge road win for the Owls, given the rollercoaster that are CUSA matchups, I am not surprised that FAU encountered some troubles in the second half. Great to see Scuta Taylor put a together a complete game with 34 points. Very impressed with true freshmen F Dardan Kapiti, scording 10 points (5 for 5 shooting).  Kapiti finished up high school in Gainesville, FL a place Dusty May is familiar with from his time at UF. Kapiti has the tools to be a great scheme fit for the Owls,
Back to the top

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Yeah, that needs to be addressed, we weren't supposed to beat USF and FGCU was -2.5, but completely agree!

No kudos for being 1 point away from my original prediction of -4 vs Rice despite the line being +1??

Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 10:29 PM #393296

That was pretty accurate especially since we were up 22  :Winking:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 10:29 PM #393296

That was pretty accurate especially since we were up 22  :Winking:
Posted On: Jan 10th 2020, 7:27 AM #393303

Ya gotta admit that basketball runs that way, HUGE runs of points at all levels. And usually when ya overcome a 20 point+ deficit ya tend to run out of gas! Be nice to be like football and just blow people away from start to finish but….
Back to the top

Basketball is a game of runs.  Happens all the time at the professional and college levels.  Biggest observation I had during the game last night was that during that stretch, FAU got away from what was working in the first half, which was dribble drive penetration.  

Not sure if anyone else observed this, but Winchester was out pretty much the entire second half.  Outside of Ingram, he is probably one of your most athletic and intelligent 2 way players.  He is also great at attacking the basket 1 on 1.  I think his absence in the final 20 also had attributed to the run RICE went on.
Back to the top

XCowl12 said

Basketball is a game of runs.  Happens all the time at the professional and college levels.  Biggest observation I had during the game last night was that during that stretch, FAU got away from what was working in the first half, which was dribble drive penetration.  

Not sure if anyone else observed this, but Winchester was out pretty much the entire second half.  Outside of Ingram, he is probably one of your most athletic and intelligent 2 way players.  He is also great at attacking the basket 1 on 1.  I think his absence in the final 20 also had attributed to the run RICE went on.
Posted On: Jan 10th 2020, 12:52 PM #393311

It’s not a game of 20 point runs.  The rest I agree with.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Just bought my baseball season tickets today.  But I must say,  seeing a FAU  basketball player put up 34 and a team with three conference wins has me ready to attend some basketball. Love this coach. Going to check the schedule and plan a game. Everyone should support this team. Great to see.
Back to the top
Control functions: