Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Roster Changes

dusky256fc said

NJOWL said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

jgf2017 said

Gun to my head 
Posted On: Apr 12th 2020, 11:46 AM #394642

Doston was a solid player, but the picks were misleading.

A player that plays at a premiere position and led the nation in interceptions lasted 5 months in the portal.

Doston, unlike Tooley or Pierre hardly had to lineup outside as a true press CB, and he benefited from that.

This hurts because you want as many vets as possible in a season that might offer little time for players to prepare, but FAU has players that have equal talent and athletism that can fill his role.

Tooley and Pierre are much harder to replace.
Posted On: Apr 12th 2020, 12:23 PM #394645

This analysis is spot on. The fact that he downgraded is evidence that there was not much of a Meiko pursuit. Had he gone to uf, clemson, etc., then I would have felt like we really lost something.

If you transfer to a school that has been acting like a chicken with its head cut off, then we can't be losing out on too much.

Posted On: Apr 12th 2020, 12:34 PM #394647

Are you seriously saying going to FSU is downgrading or I’m I misunderstanding your point here?

I do feel better about the move after Shane and Rick’s comments but any senior leadership could have helped in this mess.
Posted On: Apr 12th 2020, 9:40 PM #394661

If he upgraded then he would have went to a team on the cusp of anything, at the very least on the cusp of a NY6 bowl. Not a 500 middling acc program. How did he not downgrade?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

NJOWL said

jgf2017 said

Gun to my head 

A player that plays at a premiere position and led the nation in interceptions lasted 5 months in the portal.

Doston, unlike Tooley or Pierre hardly had to lineup outside as a true press CB, and he benefited from that.

This hurts because you want as many vets as possible in a season that might offer little time for players to prepare, but FAU has players that have equal talent and athletism that can fill his role.

This analysis is spot on. The fact that he downgraded is evidence that there was not much of a Meiko pursuit. Had he gone to uf, clemson, etc., then I would have felt like we really lost something.

If you transfer to a school that has been acting like a chicken with its head cut off, then we can't be losing out on too much.

Are you seriously saying going to FSU is downgrading or I’m I misunderstanding your point here?

I do feel better about the move after Shane and Rick’s comments but any senior leadership could have helped in this mess.

Dotson is 100% upgrading doesn't matter how bad FSU was but he is transferring from g5 to p5 and he may be in a starting corner role
Back to the top

NJOWL said

dusky256fc said

NJOWL said

jgf2017 said

Gun to my head 

If he upgraded then he would have went to a team on the cusp of anything, at the very least on the cusp of a NY6 bowl. Not a 500 middling acc program. How did he not downgrade?
Posted On: Apr 12th 2020, 10:19 PM #394662

It's not always about just getting a chance to play in a bigger bowl game.

Most NFL bound P5 players do not play in those games anyways.

It is about going to a place that has a dining hall for athletes that serves healthy food, getting film against top competition, and having more fans in your first home game than we will likely have combined all season.

FAU has unlimited potential and is moving forward a great speed with great leadership, but there are times of just how very far we are.

The Owl walk before the CUSA champion game was maybe a few hundred people, for the final game of Lane Kiffin and a team that won 9 of their last 10.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

dusky256fc said

NJOWL said

jgf2017 said

Gun to my head 

It is about going to a place that has a dining hall for athletes that serves healthy food, getting film against top competition, and having more fans in your first home game than we will likely have combined all season.

FAU has unlimited potential and is moving forward a great speed with great leadership, but there are times of just how very far we are.

The Owl walk before the CUSA champion game was maybe a few hundred people, for the final game of Lane Kiffin and a team that won 9 of their last 10.

Posted On: Apr 13th 2020, 11:49 AM #394664
Thank you Shane.  Anyone that doesn't know FSU is an upgrade from FAU from the players position for many reasons doesn't understand the difference in ACC football vs CUSA football.  Night and day upgrade.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I didn't even want to get into that discussion. An absolute upgrade. It's the acc . A power five conference. The fsu  administration was angry at the attendance at the end of last season and it was still way more than us. I dont like it that he left, but i understand it. Modern day college football.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

NJOWL said

dusky256fc said

NJOWL said

jgf2017 said

Gun to my head 

Thank you Shane.  Anyone that doesn't know FSU is an upgrade from FAU from the players position for many reasons doesn't understand the difference in ACC football vs CUSA football.  Night and day upgrade.

Posted On: Apr 13th 2020, 2:34 PM #394665

I’ve attended as a student schools in CUSA, the SEC, and the ACC.

Along the way I’ve seen many players who thought they were doing what was best for them in going to a bigger named school, only to ride the pine or end up going undrafted. Go to a place where you can shine.

I struggle to see how spending 3 months in Tallahassee is a good thing. (The acc school I went to was NOT FSU).

I must’ve forgotten how awesome El Paso, Texas is on NYE and being away from your family for Christmas too.

I’m not at all saying there aren’t better options than FAU, but one of those better options does not include fsu.

My state of Florida rankings for being a football player: uf, Miami, ucf, FAU, then the rest of them.

Fsu offers absolutely nothing that Miami and/uf don’t offer.

Also: if he was worried about getting film against top competition, then he probably would not have asked to come off the bench and line up against the other teams third best receiver.

With all of that said… I hope he fulfills all of his dreams and I very much appreciate all the memories he helped create for the FAU faithful.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Let's not pretend that FSU's new coach knows what he's doing. He's just going after stats, how things look on paper. Oh, this guy led the NCAA…….FBS I'm sorry in interceptions let's get him to transfer because he'll want a chance to shine in the bright lights. Once practice starts, I wouldn't be surprised if Dotson can't beat out everyone on the depth chart, as FSU should have a bunch of athletes at DB. Now Raine, that's what really surprises me. Dotson is just a classic case of trying to reach for the skies.
Back to the top

The timing is incredibly strange too. If he knew he was transferring, why wait until well into the start of spring? Wouldn’t you want to be their for spring practice too?

Anyone got any insight into this? Was he enrolled in classes at FAU? Was he admitted to any of our graduate schools?

Why didn’t he go to uf or Miami or Georgia or Alabama? Why was his only publicly known visit to fsu in the middle of March?

most riveting question of all: why did he announce his intention to transfer just two days before the end of FAU’s last day to add or drop courses? Note that this is later at FAU compared to many schools, which means his window to transfer to other schools and participate in spring practices was severely limited.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

dusky256fc said

NJOWL said

dusky256fc said

NJOWL said

jgf2017 said

Gun to my head 

Posted On: Apr 13th 2020, 2:34 PM #394665
I’ve attended as a student schools in CUSA, the SEC, and the ACC.

Along the way I’ve seen many players who thought they were doing what was best for them in going to a bigger named school, only to ride the pine or end up going undrafted. Go to a place where you can shine.

I struggle to see how spending 3 months in Tallahassee is a good thing. (The acc school I went to was NOT FSU).

I must’ve forgotten how awesome El Paso, Texas is on NYE and being away from your family for Christmas too.

I’m not at all saying there aren’t better options than FAU, but one of those better options does not include fsu.

My state of Florida rankings for being a football player: uf, Miami, ucf, FAU, then the rest of them.

Fsu offers absolutely nothing that Miami and/uf don’t offer.

Also: if he was worried about getting film against top competition, then he probably would not have asked to come off the bench and line up against the other teams third best receiver.

With all of that said… I hope he fulfills all of his dreams and I very much appreciate all the memories he helped create for the FAU faithful.

Posted On: Apr 13th 2020, 10:10 PM #394668
It is ridiculous you don’t understand that FSU is 100% an upgrade from FAU for a multitude of reasons but you just continue to stick to your line.

Why he left so late is a legitimate question and no one knows but my guess is he wants the bigger stage and thinks he can garner much more attention in a Noles uniform than as an Owl helping his draft prospects.  Whether the Noles go 500 or not is irrelevant to him if he can come close to last year’s production with 10 times the eyes on him is the goal.  We’ll see if that actually happens.

i wish him luck, he was instrumental in FAU achieving one of our best years.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

He's a college football player who is trying to help his family…geez.

Back to the top
Control functions: