Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Georgia Southern vs Owls or Hooters' Lovers

I hear that the Owls are small in stature, mind and other things. You'll fit in that glass case fine and in my trophy room! :Yawn:  :)  
Back to the top

You can count on this Southern boy to show up. What about some good old restaurants? I recall going to some old school southern restaurant when I was in Savannah years ago for a day. 
Back to the top

Ill give you a list of restaurants in Savannah. you can look at their menus and decide.
Back to the top

I lived on st simons island for 15 years. I knew football players that played for Erk and won the fcs championships. I knew tons of other GSU grads. There are some serious dog fans there also. I always got picked on for being from Florida especially Florida/Georgia week. I got called some names I can’t post here. But that’s expected from dog fans? 

Looking forward to the game. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

EatsThese are just a few.

May I suggest the Pirate House if you have a girl on your arm.

Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I lived on st simons island for 15 years. I knew football players that played for Erk and won the fcs championships. I knew tons of other GSU grads. There are some serious dog fans there also. I always got picked on for being from Florida especially Florida/Georgia week. I got called some names I can’t post here. But that’s expected from dog fans? 

Looking forward to the game. 
Posted On: Jan 25th 2020, 10:56 PM #393696

Many GSU fans say F to UGA :Smug:

& GSU beat Florida when we were FCS.

Back to the top

Some background on GSU - ( In FCS we played for 8 National Championships winning 6 - in FBS we have played in 3 bowls and won 2)
GSC started in FCS in 1984 under Erk Russell, From 1985,running the flex option, he played for 4 National championships winning 3 and was in every playoff game from 1985 - 1999 winning the 1999 NC, went a 15-0 record & retired with & winning 82% of his games.
GSU had many vert good Flex option coaches.

Paul Jonson also running the Flex Option was at GSU from 1997=2001, won 86% of his games, was in the playoffs all 5 years, played for 3 National Championships winning 2.

*(GSU now runs the Shotgun option brought in by Head Coach Fritz.)* The 2 years he was at GSU he did very well in our first 2 years of FBS pay won the Sun Belt and the 2nd year a bowl. After Fritz left we went through 3 head coaches in 2 years.

Our current head coach also runs the Shotgun option with average success. I'd rather return to the Flex option. Under the Flex GSU was use to 380 rushing YPG and 100 Passing yards a game scoring between 38-45 points a game.

If our Shotgun option does not improve by 150% I fear for a long season.

On a positive note when GSU became a university, money came poring in and the campus was completely rebuilt

When GSU joined FBS the stadium was enlarged from 18,000 to 27,000 seats and a 56,000Sq.Ft football sports center was added to the west end zone. A children's football field was addedin front of the field house so they could play instead of bothering their parents for 3 hours
Back to the top

On Defense GSU has run the 3-4 for the last 2 years.

GSUs 2019 Offensive Stats (7-6 - lost bowl game)
Passing 12 attempts per game @ 52% completion rate
75 YPG
Rushing
253 ypg @ 4.9 yards per carry
Total Offense 327 ypg
28 Points Per Game

GSU actually did better in 2018 with a 10-3 record and 31 ppg winning it bowl game.

For the last 4 years we have been below average during the 3 coach change up for an option team and average for the last 2 years.
Back to the top

Hey Rick, this new AI bot is pretty awesome! Kudos, GSUsTalon. 
Back to the top

Lane's Love Owl said

Hey Rick, this new AI bot is pretty awesome! Kudos, GSUsTalon. 
Posted On: Jan 25th 2020, 11:34 PM #393703
Who you calling a BUTT? Speaking of butts, just don't let the owls get their butts kicked to badly at GSUs stadium :Thinking:

:drink:
Back to the top