Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Georgia Southern vs Owls or Hooters' Lovers

Do you have any idea how nitpicky you guys are. It's D1 2a. The 2nd highest "level". No one who saw Marshall win all of those titles in the 90's on tv said oh they're D1. That's the NCAA champion right there. What they were was the 2nd highest level. And if it's offensive to alumni of those schools or of "D2" schools, I know what most people called it.
Back to the top

Smart move Owlsdad.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I must be a punching bag lol. What’s the difference between D2 and 1 AA? FCS wasn’t even a term back in the 90’s. They were 1 AA. What’s the difference? Do you think I was born under a rock? FCS was a new term to describe 1 AA just like FBS was for NCAA or 1 a or division 1. You act like I wasn’t around back then. Or since you both have ties to D2 do you not like it being called that. Trust me a lot of people called it D2
Posted On: Jan 26th 2020, 5:23 PM #393723

FCS use to be called 1aa . The football team was concidered D1 but with 63 Scholorships. The rest of the sports teams were concidered full D1 with full scholorships.
Back to the top

But you played for a different championship. Why don't you acknowledge that?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Do you have any idea how nitpicky you guys are. It's D1 2a. The 2nd highest "level". No one who saw Marshall win all of those titles in the 90's on tv said oh they're D1. That's the NCAA champion right there. What they were was the 2nd highest level. And if it's offensive to alumni of those schools or of "D2" schools, I know what most people called it.
Posted On: Jan 26th 2020, 7:06 PM #393728

Its now P5,G5, !aa or FCS,all of which are concidered d1, D2, D3, Juco, NAIA 1 & 2
Back to the top

I honestly would rather go back to you talking smack instead of this. Georgia Southern and Marshall used to be at the "2nd level" or I think I could probably say the "2nd division" of D1. It's not the highest level of football. It's a step down. And they have their own separate championship. And it’s on my radar that the 2 people I’m arguing with don’t have any ties to FAU
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Jan 26th 2020, 7:28 PM #393731

Ill acnolage that. While the BIG BOYS piccket the top 2 teams that they beleaved were the top 2 team for the FBS NC, 1aa or FCS had to play through the top PROVEN 1aa teams in the country.. # games to get to the NC and then the top 2 played for the NC. When will you admit that the FBS championship is a farce?
Back to the top

How about one day when I’m on your message board you argue with me. You aren’t Owls and have no ties to FAU. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Ill acnolage that. While the BIG BOYS piccket the top 2 teams that they beleaved were the top 2 team for the FBS NC, 1aa or FCS had to play through the top PROVEN 1aa teams in the country.. # games to get to the NC and then the top 2 played for the NC. When will you admit that the FBS championship is a farce?

jgf2017 said

I Agnolige that. GSU played in a 16 team playoff system that had the winners of each confernce and then the best of the rest in 1aa or FCS. You had to win 4 extra playoff games against the PROVEN best in 1aa to win the championship.
Back to the top

I showered Georgia Southern with praise. Ok. They actually gave um a good game in '93, got smoked in '94 though. Ok, so it's the "2nd level" instead of D2. Gotcha. Thank you so much guys for pointing that out.
Back to the top