Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: Northeastern vs FAU - March 6th-8th, 2020

Add topic

Roscoeowl said

Good win last night.  I've worried we wouldn't be able to win those type of low scoring tight ballgames with the way our pitching has been early on this season. It's good to see our staff showing positive improvement from the first few series even against tougher competition. Keep it going tonight.  
Posted On: Mar 7th 2020, 12:52 PM #394425

Sigh, need to delete 2nd half of this comment.  Northeastern not a bad club, but 9 runs thru 7 innings to this team is straight garbage.  
Back to the top

Game is getting away from us. NU leads 9-7 as we head to the ninth inning.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Final. Northeastern beats FAU 10-7.

The Huskies had a great day offensively. FAU pitching staff couldn't muster anything to stop the onslaught.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2020 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Cooley might need to get a weekend promotion.
Back to the top

Visconti gets Game Three underway.

Back to the top

Local Owl said

Cooley might need to get a weekend promotion.
Posted On: Mar 7th 2020, 8:35 PM #394434

That could be worth looking at. After only throwing two pitchers on Friday, I was disappointed to see so many arms used in a losing effort last night.

Back to the top

Really tough top of the fourth inning for the boys. The Huskies plate five, all with two outs.

Meanwhile, the Owls are still looking for their first hit of the day.

Back to the top

Our pitching is not horrible. But they are making mistakes that the hitters are taking advantage of. Our guys are not over powering.  Must must must hit their spots. It's frustrating to me. I can only imagine how coach Mac is feeling. I'm glad I'm not a professional coach. Need to keep these guys thinking about the next pitch and nothing else.
Back to the top

FINAl. NU beats FAU 6-1.

Yesterday, it was the pitching that let us down. Today, it was the bats. Disappointing…

Back to the top

We were preseason #2 . Behind SoMiss. Google cusa stats and you will  see our numbers are off. One team that is dominating statistically is FIU. Pains me to see and say it, but numbers rarely lie. The kitties have the arms and the bats.
Back to the top
Control functions: