Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU and COVID-19

Add topic

NCAA with two statements this afternoon.

1. All D-I coaches are banned from conducting in-person recruiting until April 15th, at the earliest.

2. The NCAA is exploring "eligibility relief" for student athletes who participate in Spring sports. It is unknown what this relief will entail exactly, and if some Winter sports, like basketball, will be given this opportunity.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU's Athletic Director released a statement suspending all sports practices indefinitely.

Back to the top

There's the nail on the coffin. C-USA has canceled all Spring sports.

Back to the top

An FAU student has tested positive for COVID-19. All classes have been moved online until the Summer session. May's graduation ceremony is canceled.

Back to the top

In case anyone is interested, here is an excellent resource to track the current Florida case count by county, and the various dispositions associated with them:

Florida's COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard
Back to the top

15,700 total cases in Florida . Not current cases. Total cases. As of this morning there are 14,000 plus deaths in the U S. . Social distancing has worked. A few more weeks will make all the difference. Don't let the media scare you.  This will coast to a stop and then we .ca. live our lives again. I hate the media. All lean one way or the other. Stay safe. Happy Passover to my Jewish friends. And happy Easter  to my Christian friends. Be smart.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

15,700 total cases in Florida . Not current cases. Total cases. As of this morning there are 14,000 plus deaths in the U S. . Social distancing has worked. A few more weeks will make all the difference. Don't let the media scare you.  This will coast to a stop and then we .ca. live our lives again. I hate the media. All lean one way or the other. Stay safe. Happy Passover to my Jewish friends. And happy Easter  to my Christian friends. Be smart.
Posted On: Apr 9th 2020, 6:07 AM #394623

Well said.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Coach Taggart with a special message for Owl Nation!

Back to the top

ESPN article about several conferences - including the AAC and C-USA - asking the NCAA for help:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29037022/five-fbs-conferences-including-aac-c-usa-ask-ncaa-relax-division-requirements
Back to the top

Things are getting ready to stir…

Back to the top
Control functions: