Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looks like no season or half a season

My distrust comes from more than one story. But i understand your point. Hopefully another month of distancing will make a huge difference
Back to the top

Some of the initial models showed 1 to 2 deaths, not the media.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think we can all agree that today's private media is not the same as a guy my age can remember. No matter your political view,  the news should be news. Today it is almost all oppinion based. This virus is a problem. Let's get thru it and move on
Back to the top

For sure.  News should be…This factual occurred today, now go and form your own opinion, as opposed to this occurred today, now me and people that think like me are going to give you our opinion about it for the next 12 hours.

As for my opinion, there will be a season, it will look different.  I think at some point you have to say, if your this many years old, stay home until we come up with a solution, if your under that, get back to work, wash your hands, carry Clorox wipes, and don't breath on grandma
Back to the top

Here are my points

1. The Governors of each state have to open different parts of each state for commerce and open schools.

2. The Board of Florida's University System has to reopen collages depending on the area of the University is located in and if it is still a high risk area.

3. Each University's President will have to decide weather the Universities they will play at or come to FAU is considered safe.
Back to the top

Maybe it's because I'm in NY and we are really in the thick of things, but right now I cannot envision a season, or at least not one in the traditional sense. 2020 just feels like a wash all the way around. Just how it feels to me at present.
Back to the top

I think you are right by saying , because I'm in N.Y..  new York area is not the norm. You guys account fo r half the cases and deaths in the entire country. Palm beach county is getting closer every day to getting back to normalcy. My family and friends in states that were not hard hit can't even understand the fear. For then to shut down was not necessary. But I understand why it was done. The u.s. is huge. What is happening in ny  has little to do with Cuthbert, ga.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I think you are right by saying , because I'm in N.Y..  new York area is not the norm. You guys account fo r half the cases and deaths in the entire country. Palm beach county is getting closer every day to getting back to normalcy. My family and friends in states that were not hard hit can't even understand the fear. For then to shut down was not necessary. But I understand why it was done. The u.s. is huge. What is happening in ny  has little to do with Cuthbert, ga.
Posted On: Apr 17th 2020, 6:58 AM #394713

The problem still – even if you want to argue this was largely "hysteria" or overblown  – is that the NCAA and the government still has to account for the safety of all involved with football programs across the country (players, fans, officials, staff, students, etc). The country has not opened up yet and we are approaching May. There is no NBA, no MLB, no spring practice, etc, so even with a "season" it will likely not be a normal season by any stretch. We already had attendance issues, I can't even imagine how attendance will be like in 2020. We are also not just talking about Florida – are schools going to want to start traveling across the country and playing in stadiums in 3.5 months? Even just for "optics", if you have even a handful of players, staff, fans etc get sick and even perish, the fallout, including reputational risk, for all involved may not be worth it. So as of now, whether I am in NY or not, I don't see it.
Back to the top

Randolph County (Cuthbert) has 135 active cases and 11 deaths, in a population of 6,833. They're not all that different from NYC. We really do not want to lift restrictions too soon.
Back to the top

I totally understand the logic. No smart politician wants to be labeled the person that didn't listen to the "experts". It is a virus.  The media runs it 247. Absolutely ridiculous. Imho.
Back to the top
Control functions: