Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looks like no season or half a season

Well, there is the Governor of South Dakota…

I'm right there with you on media fatigue (So don't watch TV? What else am I gonna do?! I've already repainted the house, up-rooted and re-planted the garden, built a chicken coop [for my brother's chickens and unrelated to apocalypse hoarding] and so on…).

Left turn. Red Cross Blood Centers are still taking donations (by appointment). Heading down to Marietta to drop-off some of that sweet, sweet AB POS.
Back to the top

Good thing you don't live in Michigan. You wouldn't be aloud to do any of that. Crazy rules in different states. Hence  the Lansing  protest a couple days ago.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Randolph County (Cuthbert) has 135 active cases and 11 deaths, in a population of 6,833. They're not all that different from NYC. We really do not want to lift restrictions too soon.
Posted On: Apr 17th 2020, 9:47 AM #394717

That ranks per capita deaths right up with NYC proper alone not counting metro NY!!!!

Back to the top

I just read Governor Whitmer's executive order (Michigan). I don't see any significant differences between theirs and ours, other than, for whatever reason, Governor Kemp (Georgia) recently re-oped our beaches.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

I just read Governor Whitmer's executive order (Michigan). I don't see any significant differences between theirs and ours, other than, for whatever reason, Governor Kemp (Georgia) recently re-oped our beaches.
Posted On: Apr 17th 2020, 2:35 PM #394723

Exactly and as they have one of the highest rates of infection better safe than sorry is the way for a short while. The U.S. has over 34K deaths from this in just over a month!
Back to the top

I think you're being very optimistic and naïve if you think were gonna have a normal college football season at this point in time.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Maybe it's because I'm in NY and we are really in the thick of things, but right now I cannot envision a season, or at least not one in the traditional sense. 2020 just feels like a wash all the way around. Just how it feels to me at present.
Posted On: Apr 17th 2020, 12:17 AM #394712

Are you in NY state or NY city? Which ever stay safe!
Back to the top

GSUsTALON said

d-owl said

Maybe it's because I'm in NY and we are really in the thick of things, but right now I cannot envision a season, or at least not one in the traditional sense. 2020 just feels like a wash all the way around. Just how it feels to me at present.
Posted On: Apr 17th 2020, 12:17 AM #394712

Are you in NY state or NY city? Which ever stay safe!
Posted On: Apr 17th 2020, 8:11 PM #394726

City – so I have been in the thick of it. Thank you!
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I think you're being very optimistic and naïve if you think were gonna have a normal college football season at this point in time.
Posted On: Apr 17th 2020, 4:13 PM #394725

And I think you are being very pessimistic and and a fear monger if you don’t think we will be playing football 4 months from now.  We’ll see who’s correct in 4 months.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Posted On: Apr 17th 2020, 2:35 PM #394723

I believe there's a lot of differences…

For instance in Michigan….

You can't go boating but you can get an abortion.

You can't go to your cabin or 2nd home but you can get an abortion.

You can't get elective surgery but you can get an abortion.

You can't go to church but you can get an abortion.

You can't purchase a gun but you can get an abortion

However you can go buy liquor, lottery tickets and get an abortion.

I could go on but I'm thinking most of you get the point.

Be safe and stay healthy!
Back to the top
Control functions: