Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looks like no season or half a season

If you live in Michigan and have a second home, you can't go to it. But if you live outside Michigan and have a second home in Michigan, you can visit it. Political logic. Dusky, again I think our generation is a bit more sceptical  of what we hear. I agree with you 100%
Back to the top

I heard they are discussing starting the season with no fans in the stands, the NCAA is consulting with FIU for guidance.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Again, I have no idea what will happen with the coming season. I won't be surprised, whatever they choose to do, unless they convert all football fields to large, out-door billiard-tops…

I'm not interested in anyone's politic leanings on abortion laws.

It's been one week since I pointed out 14,000 in four days to 20,000. Now it's 37,000. And still climbing. COVID-19 was the second-leading cause of death in the USA last week. Behind only heart disease and only by a couple hundred deaths (and that was without reporting a large surge of deaths in nursing homes or deaths out of hospital [because we don't waste our still-limited tests on the dead]).

Sorry to anyone in Michigan who can't go to their second home.

These aren't rumors to be skeptical of, they're verified facts from verified sources. It isn't fear-mongering to say shorter light waves scatter further in earth's atmosphere.
Back to the top

Run to your bunker and hide.  I'll call you when it's ok.
Back to the top

Ah, clever wit.

From my previous posts, you know that I'm not hiding in a bunker. I'm not trying to attack you in anyway. I've only posted facts, which shouldn't threaten you. And I've only posted them when someone (anyone) has belittled or doubted or misrepresented the facts of this pandemic.

I was a member of the National Guard for twelve years. And now those service members are out there sponging-up the coughs of those too invested in their summer trip to the lake-house.

My partner is a Nurse Midwife. She cannot avoid this disease. One in five women in labor have tested positive for COVID-19. We've already once had to self-quarantine in separate rooms of the house.

You can throw as much mud as you like, it doesn't make an eclipse magic.
Back to the top

We should implement a trade embargo with China - immediately - until they come clean…

I'd say it would take about one day.

Back to the top

Really hard to understand the apparent bickering here about the season. We are still dealing with a very real public health emergency and the country is locked down. This is our current reality whether some want to acknowledge this or not. If universities by and large aren't going to open up and have students attending in-person classes etc. in the Fall semester, there will be no be college football. That remains to be seen, and who knows how things shape up in the next few months. As of right now there is every reason to be skeptical things just return to normal at the snap of a finger as some want to be believe.
Back to the top

Not sure how four and 1/2 months equals to a snap of the finger.

It’s a message board, the whole purpose is to have discussions which includes differences of opinions.  If that upsets you maybe you should log off until the coast is clear.

Btw, apparently nobody got my joke :Smug:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

We should implement a trade embargo with China - immediately - until they come clean…

I'd say it would take about one day.

Posted On: Apr 18th 2020, 4:46 PM #394739
Problem is we need the trade as much as they do but there are definitely other avenues which we should go down to get to the bottom of this.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Not sure how four and 1/2 months equals to a snap of the finger.

It’s a message board, the whole purpose is to have discussions which includes differences of opinions.  If that upsets you maybe you should log off until the coast is clear.

Btw, apparently nobody got my joke 
Posted On: Apr 18th 2020, 5:59 PM #394741

I wasn't addressing you, so I am sorry you felt compelled (for whatever reason) to respond to me. There is preparation that goes into the season as well – things like spring practice – which never happened. With that said, enjoy your weekend out on the town!  :cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: