Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Athletics Receives Anonymous $2.5M Gift

Add topic

FAU Athletics Receives Anonymous $2.5M Gift
Back to the top

WOW that is great!
Back to the top

Incredibly generous !!
Back to the top

This should fund at least 10 full scholarships annually. Amazing stuff.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I’ve been wondering who it was that donated the money. Maybe it was someone famous. I know Joe Girardi is a big fan. Maybe Kiffin had something to do with it 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I’ve been wondering who it was that donated the money. Maybe it was someone famous. I know Joe Girardi is a big fan. Maybe Kiffin had something to do with it 
Posted On: May 13th 2020, 11:08 AM #394917

Lane has an estimated net worth of $6.5 million so I seriously doubt he would put nearly 40% of his net worth into FAU scholarships. Who knows how many years he will be at Ole Miss making the $4 million.

Girardi has an estimated net worth of $15 million. While Girardi being the anonymous donor would seem more financially feasible, I doubt a casual fan would put almost one-fifth of his net worth into the Owls at this time.

I surmise it was more likely than not a local, ultra high net worth individual. A gift like this can have a dramatic effect on reducing estate tax liability while ensuring the money goes to an incredible cause.

Whoever it was, amazing gift that will help student-athletes for decades to come!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

The other celebrity I thought of was Tiger Woods. He doesn’t live too far from FAU. What if Tiger became an FAU fan. What if we could get famous people and rich people that live down here into FAU football.
Back to the top

My guess is, their name rhymes with Schmidt...
Back to the top

When I think of an anonymous donor, I don't think of names we all know. When I think of an alum rich enough to make this donation that would remain anonymous, one name comes to mind, and I aint going down that rabbit hole
Back to the top

Celebrities  would not do it anonymously. They would want the pat on the back. Anonymous donors are a special kind of person. Whoever it was , thank you from a fau alum  and fan.
Back to the top
Control functions: