Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GSU has figured a way to keep you safe at our stadium!

Local Owl said

Fyi, this is a virus. It will never go away. Just like other viruses.
Posted On: Jun 14th 2020, 9:25 PM #395122

True and the football season is sill in doubt for many schools!
Back to the top

GSUsTALON said

Art Vandelay said

Polio, smallpox, the measles (mostly)…
Posted On: Jun 14th 2020, 9:42 PM #395124

All those had vaccines developed against them. Still about 20% of the US population are afraid if vaccines,
Posted On: Jun 14th 2020, 10:50 PM #395126

20% sounds high (unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised to see that it's true). A vaccine will come for this too, though we've proven to not have the patience.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

GSUsTALON said

Art Vandelay said

All those had vaccines developed against them. Still about 20% of the US population are afraid if vaccines,

20% sounds high (unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised to see that it's true). A vaccine will come for this too, though we've proven to not have the patience.
Posted On: Jun 14th 2020, 11:09 PM #395128

I dont think so. About 20% of the US parents are afraid to give there children given vaccines believe that vaccines can case autism and other problems even though this has been PROVEN untrue.
Back to the top

GSUsTALON said

Art Vandelay said

GSUsTALON said

Art Vandelay said

I dont think so. About 20% of the US parents are afraid to give there children given vaccines believe that vaccines can case autism and other problems even though this has been PROVEN untrue.
Posted On: Jun 15th 2020, 12:40 AM #395129

Yes, proven untrue. But I question the 20%. Is there a source on that, or is it one of those "80% of statistics are made-up on the spot" sort of things?

I'm up in Woodstock (Cherokee County), maybe I'll drive down for this one.
Back to the top

I guess my wording was different then my point. My point is , it is a sickness. A virus. Deadly to those at risk. But we can not let our country go to heck and people / families lose everything over the fear of getting sick. Today's media is very influential . They can take a narrative and make it fact even when they are not sure. Quarantining the healthy from the sick makes no sense to me. I refuse to take part in any more of there experiment. Yes people have died. Many more have had their lives ruined . I was patient. I played the game. Now I'm over it. I will not live in fear.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I guess my wording was different then my point. My point is , it is a sickness. A virus. Deadly to those at risk. But we can not let our country go to heck and people / families lose everything over the fear of getting sick. Today's media is very influential . They can take a narrative and make it fact even when they are not sure. Quarantining the healthy from the sick makes no sense to me. I refuse to take part in any more of there experiment. Yes people have died. Many more have had their lives ruined . I was patient. I played the game. Now I'm over it. I will not live in fear.
Posted On: Jun 15th 2020, 5:17 AM #395131

It is not about living in fear, but having appropriate caution and caring about others. Over 115,000 American citizens have died of this with hundreds of thousands still hospitalized and with great damage to many who have "survived" and been "cleared".

The U.S. had a plan to re-open that was totally ignored by our "leader". University of Houston just stopped their workouts , this is not looking good for football in the fall I hate to say, especially with Palm Beach County being one of the worst sports in the Country!
Back to the top

Yea, I'm not sure where the fear thing comes from. I'm young, healthy, in good shape and not too worried about succumbing to it. If me working from home, wearing a mask in public, and limiting exposure helps reduce the spread to others, then so be it. Small price to pay for me.
Back to the top

I've never stoped working . Essential. 22 emoyees every day. Zero cases. We know nobody that was posative. I know deaths accures. But I live in a high rise condo where people still barely exit their apartments. They have been scared into thinking they must quarantine. Get back to your life and take what god gives you. P.S
 I still were a mask in publix, home depot, etc.. I'm not rude. But we need to continue forward. And this include college and college sports, concerts , etc. Just be smart.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

GSUsTALON said

Art Vandelay said

GSUsTALON said

Art Vandelay said

Posted On: Jun 15th 2020, 12:40 AM #395129

Yes, proven untrue. But I question the 20%. Is there a source on that, or is it one of those "80% of statistics are made-up on the spot" sort of things?

I'm up in Woodstock (Cherokee County), maybe I'll drive down for this one.
Posted On: Jun 15th 2020, 1:17 AM #395130

Influenza alone

A new study reports that 1 in 4 parents are hesitant about getting their children vaccinated against seasonal influenza.
Only 6 percent of parents are hesitant about other routine childhood vaccinations.
Getting a flu shot isn’t guaranteed to prevent a person from getting the illness, but it may lessen the severity along with protecting other at-risk family members, such as grandparents.
It remains to be seen whether parents are hesitant about an eventual COVID-19 vaccine.

Other Vaccinations

One-third of parents are delaying giving vaccines to their children: Study - ABC News

4 Diseases Making a Comeback Thanks to Anti-Vaxxers

https://time.com/27308/4-diseases-making-a-comeback-thanks-to-anti-vaxxers/

Measles Making a Comeback in the United States

Measles Making a Comeback in the United States

14 big diseases making a comeback in us even though we have VACINES for them

14 Diseases You Almost Forgot About (Thanks to Vaccines) | CDC

These are just a few of the diseases making a come back in the US that were thought to be wiped out. There are more serious diseases making a comeback if you want to look them up

Ignorance on the use of Vaccines has led to a comeback of diseases that the US thought had been  eradicated !!!!!!
!
Back to the top

I gotta be honest. My kids are adults so I don't need to worry about this. But after watch the cbc and who over the past few months, I would question to their recommendations.  Just be smart . And keep your kids health the primary concern. Such strange times..
Back to the top
Control functions: