Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

You are correct  sir. …..and maybe we can just out score everyone.
Back to the top

is

Local Owl said

As per 247, we are still #2. But if you factor in the transfers, no question we are at the top. If we can sign all these kids, taggart has set himself up nicely for the future. Still need to concentrate a little on the other side of the ball. We can't just out score everybody. We need a defense  
Posted On: Jun 19th 2020, 1:52 PM #395159

Some more help on the D is coming soon….. :Winking:

The rate FAU is recruiting at is unlike we have ever seen at this school.

The staff is on its game, and the winning and the investment FAU has made in their facilities are paying off.

Back to the top

FAU is ranking better than the majority of G5 schools
We ranked #67 last year and now we are in spot #63.
As of today the teams in our schedule are sitting at:
Minnesota #14
Stony Brook #N/A
Georgia Southern #108
South Florida #73
Charlotte #97
Southern Miss #N/A
Marshall #121
UTSA #64
WKU #125
FIU #113  :lol: Please destroy this team!
ODU #118
Middle Tennessee #127

I know this doesn't mean that much
Back to the top

The staff additions on defense plus our amazing recruiting coordinator Raymond Woodie will ensure our DL Is very strong in all aspects. 
I’m glad that everyone knows what FAU has to offer. We get players drafted and have great facilities. Also, I’m really starting to think we might have a shot at the P5. And if that’s true, we’re talking more than CUSA titles.
Back to the top

I think coach T is looking to take advantage of the early signing period more than Lane did. These commits  and transfers are the best I've seen at FAU.  The talent will be on the field. Hopefully the coaches can get them game ready.
Back to the top

Things are very certain with high quality recruits coming to FAU. They know that we’re by far the best team in CUSA the last few years, demolishing the best the conference has to offer 49-6 in the championship game. Of course I kept saying that Taggart was a great hire. 
I also think something’s at play here. I really think something is going on. I obviously don’t know what it is. But I really think that if a P5 conference wanted UCF they would’ve already had them join. I think we’re the only state team in play.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Things are very certain with high quality recruits coming to FAU. They know that we’re by far the best team in CUSA the last few years, demolishing the best the conference has to offer 49-6 in the championship game. Of course I kept saying that Taggart was a great hire. 
I also think something’s at play here. I really think something is going on. I obviously don’t know what it is. But I really think that if a P5 conference wanted UCF they would’ve already had them join. I think we’re the only state team in play.
Posted On: Jun 21st 2020, 10:58 AM #395167

Want to believe your right but we’re kidding ourselves if we think we’re about to be a P5 call up in the near term. Let’s just focusing on dominating Conference USA year in and year out which we are already beginning to do then we can start thinking about a call up. The current structure of CFB shows now that as a  G5 team, your conference doesn’t matter as much. If you go undefeated, you probably have a good shot at a NY6 Bowl. But also, our fan support is terrible. We need at least 2/3 of the stadium full consistently 
Back to the top

Yes, we are getting ahead of ourselves.
The Recruiting has been getting better every year or at least we are in the top of the conference:
2015 #2, 2016 #3, 2017 #1, 2018 #3, 2019 #1, 2020 #1, 2021 #1 (maybe).
The foundation is there but a lot of things need to happen.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

Yes, we are getting ahead of ourselves.
The Recruiting has been getting better every year or at least we are in the top of the conference:
2015 #2, 2016 #3, 2017 #1, 2018 #3, 2019 #1, 2020 #1, 2021 #1 (maybe).
The foundation is there but a lot of things need to happen.
Posted On: Jun 21st 2020, 4:44 PM #395169

One thing is for sure, we’re in a much better spot now than we were 10 years ago when I was a student! We are widely regarded as one of the rising G5 programs in the country from coast to coast now so we’re right on schedule. 
Back to the top

Owls land some 3* help at DE, from the Peach State:

2021 FAU Football Commit List - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top
Control functions: