Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observation : The Future

This is a popularity contest. Not that I’m the one skilled to be talking about popularity.  
You’re severely underestimating the importance of being in the headlines all the time. It’s not just Sanders it’s basically the last 3 years. But of course The coverage of Sanders has been the biggest peak of coverage yet. We’re literally 1 great game from Sanders and we’re not only being covered by ESPN but every week. This absolutely is about popularity.
We have a lot of ultra rich NFL legends and celebrities who love FAU. As for Robison his rating was a little above Sanders. You do know that Robison is on the O’Brien list for best QB in the country. He’s very underrated and one of the best QB’s in the country. He goes through his reads fast enough to be an NFL starter imo. I’ll take Sanders with basically the same rating. 
As far as not going undefeated with Robison that’s ridiculous. So we’re supposed to count on us winning at an OSU team that was a wrong route away from playing in the NC game Coming off a 5-7 year? We still were 1 stop against Marshall from being in the top 25. If Sanders is almost as good as Robison that’s still good enough to be an amazing QB who grabs headlines.  And he’s probably as good as Robison. They’re rating is nearly identical.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

We’re recruiting like we’re one of the best if not the best G5 team in the country. This class could end up being a top 5 if not better G5 class. And Deion’s son will bring us an incredible amount of publicity. Things like that don’t happen by accident. I know one thing. All this Debby Downer ridiculous talk goes nowhere. So we should be upset more alums aren’t excited to see UAB? Even I don’t want to go but I do. And what did I say an upset and a top 25 ranking and the ball is rolling. I never said it’s going to be a ridiculously short process. I don’t understand the negativity. Then it’s like oh Taggart can recruit but we don’t know about his coaching bc of FSU. It’s funny how many people here didn’t even like Taggart a couple months ago. All you had to do was look at his staff. If he keeps this class his tenure is already a success. Again, let’s position ourselves as the top G5 team in the state. Debbie Downers can marvel at UCF’s donations. Memo: they’re still G5.
Posted On: Jul 16th 2020, 3:46 PM #395343

UCF might be G5 but they are top dog and unlike FAU can afford a postponed season where only conference games are played.  FAUs fixed costs will still be payable even when Minn and USF games are canceled and no buyout is paid due to act of god provision.

If you need another team to visit FAU in order to sell tickets says a ton about FAU.  Good luck in CUSA though,  still don't have the titles we had in CUSA even when it was tougher.  

Division Titles
Season   Division      
2005   C-USA East   
2007   C-USA East   
2010   C-USA East   
2012 C-USA East   

Conference Titles
Season
2007 CUSA
2010 CUSA
Back to the top

rob2313 said

jgf2017 said

We’re recruiting like we’re one of the best if not the best G5 team in the country. This class could end up being a top 5 if not better G5 class. And Deion’s son will bring us an incredible amount of publicity. Things like that don’t happen by accident. I know one thing. All this Debby Downer ridiculous talk goes nowhere. So we should be upset more alums aren’t excited to see UAB? Even I don’t want to go but I do. And what did I say an upset and a top 25 ranking and the ball is rolling. I never said it’s going to be a ridiculously short process. I don’t understand the negativity. Then it’s like oh Taggart can recruit but we don’t know about his coaching bc of FSU. It’s funny how many people here didn’t even like Taggart a couple months ago. All you had to do was look at his staff. If he keeps this class his tenure is already a success. Again, let’s position ourselves as the top G5 team in the state. Debbie Downers can marvel at UCF’s donations. Memo: they’re still G5.
Posted On: Jul 16th 2020, 3:46 PM #395343

UCF might be G5 but they are top dog and unlike FAU can afford a postponed season where only conference games are played.  FAUs fixed costs will still be payable even when Minn and USF games are canceled and no buyout is paid due to act of god provision.

If you need another team to visit FAU in order to sell tickets says a ton about FAU.  Good luck in CUSA though,  still don't have the titles we had in CUSA even when it was tougher.  

Division Titles
Season   Division      
2005   C-USA East   
2007   C-USA East   
2010   C-USA East   
2012 C-USA East   

Conference Titles
Season
2007 CUSA
2010 CUSA
Posted On: Jul 21st 2020, 1:00 AM #395396

True I think UCF has really checked off the box with wins, conference titles, BCS and NY6 wins and appearances.  I think the American is a legit conference, tbh slightly better than the PAC12.  I think UCF gets into a Power 5 conference but it will take time. A lot of blue bloods just don't like how they handled the situation of being undefeated and how they felt entitled to be in the conversation with the big boys.  If FAU had the same success I think we would be in a Power 5 or on the cusp of an invitation.  Look at Boise, they are way superior than UCF ever was and have been black balled.  I think FAU just have to win and everything will follow through I think the American will be our next stop.
Back to the top

UCF are too big of cowards to play at great teams. Their NY6 bowl appearances mean nothing when all they played was Maryland. It’s a joke. They’re cowards. They won’t even take 2 for 1 with great teams. The reason they don’t get “respect” is because they’re cowards trying to shortcut their way to the top and hope no one realizes they won’t schedule anyone good. Then they said they’re national champions beating Maryland in the regular season. We actually play good teams. I don’t think UCF is moving up. So basically you’re saying I’m wrong when UCF is still G5. Get back to me when they move up. It ain’t happening by the way.
Back to the top

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-sp-usf-alabama-usf-scheduling-mike-bianchi-0525-20190525-rzwwn6pq25g4bitewslk77vhu4-story.html

"For all of the UCF bashers out there who are wondering why USF is willing to give up an extra home game to schedule two-for-ones against the likes of Alabama, Florida and Miami while UCF won’t, it’s really quite simple.

Just follow the money trail.

UCF makes a ton of money on its home games — between $3 and $4 million and rising as the Knights continue to find creative ways to add premium seating to Spectrum Stadium — while USF doesn’t make much money at all on a typical home game.

The Knights not only have a much bigger season-ticket base than the Bulls, they also — because they have their own on-campus stadium"

UCF sells tickets bc of UCF which not bc name team comes and people want to see other teams.  Most teams can not say that. When UCF was in CUSA their title games were close to sell-outs, how many did FAU sell for their championship games?

FAU is getting better, hopefully, recruits pan out and Wille can play championship football. People forget he almost got fired from USF before his last season. He will get you a bowl game but that will not be enough to build a fanbase.
Back to the top

Ok I didn’t know that UCF would go broke and have to fold its football program if they played at a great team. Thanks. 
And one thing you’ll never admit is what happens when UCF has a few years in a row without being in the top 25? What, you think they’re just going to always be there? They’re hanging onto it on a string. They’re barely in it. We’re 3 spots behind them.
What happens to your school’s wildly exaggerated sense of worth when We’re better than your team? What are you going to be doing if we’re in the top 25 and you aren’t? You’ll never want to admit that could become a reality. It means we’ll pass you. Of course you act like UCF has arrived as a perennial top 25 team. Obviously you don’t know anything about college football history. 
Obviously you have ties to UCF. I’m sure their forum would welcome with open arms someone with an extremely inflated view of their football program.
You guys better watch out because very easily you could be irrelevant again.
Back to the top

@jgf2017
Wow man, why can't you admit they are a better program. I would love to have at least half of the fan base in our stadium with their marching band and their chants.
How do you know they are hanging from a string? come on man!
You are sounding like FIU and their silly "sleeping giant" thing.

Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Ok I didn’t know that UCF would go broke and have to fold its football program if they played at a great team. Thanks. 
And one thing you’ll never admit is what happens when UCF has a few years in a row without being in the top 25? What, you think they’re just going to always be there? They’re hanging onto it on a string. They’re barely in it. We’re 3 spots behind them.   LOL like last YEAR…. :cool:   Who were you going to play Minn and USF, that is big teams in your eyes ??
What happens to your school’s wildly exaggerated sense of worth when We’re better than your team? What are you going to be doing when we’re in the top 25 and you aren’t? You’ll never want to admit that could become a reality. It means we’ll pass you. Of course you act like UCF has arrived as a perennial top 25 team. Obviously you don’t know anything about college football history.   3 YE bowls with 2 wins,  When FAU gets ONE let me know.  :cool:
Obviously you have ties to UCF. I’m sure their forum would welcome with open arms someone with an extremely inflated view of their football program. This only place where FAU is remotely talked about and you mentioned UCF so I my opinion was needed.
You guys better watch out because very easily you could be irrelevant again.  EVEN when we sucked we sold tickets more FAU. Like I refer to its about $, those who have can spend more and bridge gaps when having a down year.
Posted On: Jul 21st 2020, 5:42 PM #395402

I have defended UCF which is all I wanted.  FAU can be FAU but you will never get to an access bowl and you need other teams to prop up the value of your own tickets. Till you get a fanbase you will never move up, but FAU can do FAU.  Just know you only started your journey and focus on improving FAU.   Leave UCF out or you will get other opinions.  

Back to the top

If UCF makes so much money then how come they’re still G5 and haven’t moved up? You do know they’re G5 I assume? So 5 years from now if UCF hasn’t done anything you’ll still brag about NY bowl appearances? You know they’re 24th ranked? They might not even be preseason top 25? What if they lose a couple close games and go 8-4 and are Boise St? They’ll be remembered only for the ridiculous fake NC stunt after only beating Maryland in the regular season. 
What’s your angle going to be if we have a better season than you?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

If UCF makes so much money then how come they’re still G5 and haven’t moved up? You do know they’re G5 I assume?
 :) YES I DO, do you know you are in all stars of Sun Belt ?

So 5 years from now if UCF hasn’t done anything you’ll still brag about NY bowl appearances? You know they’re 24th ranked? :)
 Yes also Phil Steele loves us, we will get ranked higher than FAU in most polls.  They might not even be preseason top 25?  :cool: What if they lose a couple close games and go 8-4 and are Boise St? They’ll be remembered only for the ridiculous fake NC stunt after only beating Maryland in the regular season.   :cool: No we will always have 2 Access bowl trophies.  
What’s your angle going to be if we have a better season than you?   :) I would say congrats hope you go to access bowl which we have done 3 times.  But I doubt you will have a chance regardless of your record.
Posted On: Jul 21st 2020, 6:17 PM #395405

For FAU to have a chance of Access this year, they would have to win Either USF or Minn to have a chance (assuming others are worse records).  Without those games even going undefeated would not get access over a 1 loss AAC team.  So I would say how does it feel to know an AAC or MWC team will be in access bowl regardless of your season?
Back to the top
Control functions: