Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observation : The Future

Why aren’t you answering my questions? I’m asking you about UCF and you just ignore and try to change the conversation.

The last ny6 bowl you were in you got outgained 2 to 1 and it was a miracle you didn’t lose by 20 points. 
Why isn’t UCF in the P5? Why won’t you answer that? How about this……

Why isn’t UCF in the P5?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Why aren’t you answering my questions? I’m asking you about UCF and you just ignore and try to change the conversation.

The last ny6 bowl you were in you got outgained 2 to 1 and it was a miracle you didn’t lose by 20 points. 
Why isn’t UCF in the P5? Why won’t you answer that? How about this……

Why isn’t UCF in the P5?
Posted On: Jul 21st 2020, 7:01 PM #395407

We also had our star player on sideline.  The guy who played in that game didn't even start last year.   
I guess UCF is not P5 bc we don't make enough $, but we are gaining more every year.  Just can't compete with rockstar football teams like Duke, Wake Forest, Vandy, Rutgers, Kansas, Maryland and Illinois.  One day and the dollar at a time though we will be worthy of being in such elite company.

Why isn't FAU in the P5?  When they get $ and fans they will be UCF's shoes, looking at a glass ceiling, kicking everyone who defiles their name.   If can't join them at least make sure you are 1st in line.
Back to the top

Do you even realize what we’re doing in recruiting lately? You act like you don’t even know about how we got a commitment from Shedeur Sanders and are on track for an amazing recruiting class. 

Or maybe you just know UCF football and are here anyways. We’re a young football program and haven’t made our move yet. 
Apparently you like to come here and criticize everything about FAU. 
The fact that you ignore is that you finished 24 and we finished 27. That’s it. That’s where each of our football programs are. And you don’t like that. And you’re acting like that’s not the case. You can’t change that. 
I know one thing. You’ll be hard to find when we have better seasons than you.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Do you even realize what we’re doing in recruiting lately? You act like you don’t even know about how we got a commitment from Shedeur Sanders and are on track for an amazing recruiting class.   :)   You do realize no one has signed yet so commitments mean nothing till they arrive on campus.

Or maybe you just know UCF football and are here anyways. We’re a young football program and haven’t made our move yet.    :Big-Grin:  I know you
Apparently you like to come here and criticize everything about FAU.    :)   I am normally a lurking but I did graduate from FAU and they are my 3rd favorite team. But if you crap on UCF, I will crap on FAU, since UCF is my 1st favorite.

The fact that you ignore is that you finished 24 and we finished 27. That’s it. That’s where each of our football programs are. :)   You are getting program and team mixed up. in 2019, UCF played 4 QBs finally settling on a true FR, it was a semi rebuilding year.  We also had some players declare early which left a gap in our experience.

And you don’t like that. And you’re acting like that’s not the case. You can’t change that. 
I know one thing. You’ll be hard to find when we have better seasons than you.  :)  Third favorite so depends on how Miami plays.  
Posted On: Jul 21st 2020, 7:33 PM #395409

Moral of the story, focus on FAU. Its starting something great but don't pick at others unless you want to get trashed.  I could of just as easily pointed out nice things to say about FAU but since you trashed UCF,I had to go negative.

I hope Willie can build FAU up, I am a little scared he is a recruiter and not very good coach. To build a fanbase and win championships need both.  Lane Kiffin was both.

Hopefully, FAU can win a conference champion this year which should be goal but I don't think Access Bowl is in our reach given the conference is not very good.

Back to the top

Why do you care if I trash UCF. This is an FAU message board. Leave me alone and stop saying bad things. No one cares about the garbage you’re saying.
You’re totally wrong trying to defend UCF on our message board. 
And you’re so ridiculous coming up with excuses for UCF barely being ahead of us in the polls. Those are the polls. And you got smacked in the last ny6 bowl.
Guess what. We have a lot of players suspended and still creamed SMU.
You know I basically don’t even read the garbage you’re saying. Stop defending UCF. They’re barely ranked ahead of us. If you’re going to be a crybaby then I’m sure the UCF board will love your fake NC nonsense.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Why do you care if I trash UCF. This is an FAU message board. Leave me alone and stop saying bad things. No one cares about the garbage you’re saying.
You’re totally wrong trying to defend UCF on our message board. 
Posted On: Jul 22nd 2020, 10:39 AM #395411

:Big-Grin:  Its a message board, it can't all be sunshine and rainbows.  Its a place for fan opinions.  If nobody cared why are you replying to me?    Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Back to the top

rob2313 said

jgf2017 said

Do you even realize what we’re doing in recruiting lately? You act like you don’t even know about how we got a commitment from Shedeur Sanders and are on track for an amazing recruiting class.   :)   You do realize no one has signed yet so commitments mean nothing till they arrive on campus.

Or maybe you just know UCF football and are here anyways. We’re a young football program and haven’t made our move yet.    :Big-Grin:  I know you
Apparently you like to come here and criticize everything about FAU.    :)   I am normally a lurking but I did graduate from FAU and they are my 3rd favorite team. But if you crap on UCF, I will crap on FAU, since UCF is my 1st favorite.

The fact that you ignore is that you finished 24 and we finished 27. That’s it. That’s where each of our football programs are. :)   You are getting program and team mixed up. in 2019, UCF played 4 QBs finally settling on a true FR, it was a semi rebuilding year.  We also had some players declare early which left a gap in our experience.

And you don’t like that. And you’re acting like that’s not the case. You can’t change that. 
I know one thing. You’ll be hard to find when we have better seasons than you.  :)  Third favorite so depends on how Miami plays.  
Moral of the story, focus on FAU. Its starting something great but don't pick at others unless you want to get trashed.  I could of just as easily pointed out nice things to say about FAU but since you trashed UCF,I had to go negative.

I hope Willie can build FAU up, I am a little scared he is a recruiter and not very good coach. To build a fanbase and win championships need both.  Lane Kiffin was both.

Hopefully, FAU can win a conference champion this year which should be goal but I don't think Access Bowl is in our reach given the conference is not very good.

Posted On: Jul 22nd 2020, 10:25 AM #395410
Rob, welcome to the forum.

99 percent of FAU fans know we are long ways away to catching up to UCF.

We are dreaming about the potential of winning or even going a NY6 game and understand you have won two and been to three.

We have not beaten a P5 team since 2007 and the last two we faced the game was over in the first quarter.

You guys have also beaten us by a combined 51 points the last two years we played.

We dream about having all our season tickets sold out before the year as we got 10k to a conference championship game.

Most also understand that our AD's are brothers and have the same scheduling philosophies, but economic needs dictate ours a little more.  

Anyone who criticizes UCF's scheduling is taking shots at our own AD who would do that same thing if we were in UCF's position.

I think G5 fans should not be bashing each other and root for breaking up the P5 cartel.

I root for UCF when they are not playing FAU as I know the more chaos they cause it only creates more opportunities for FAU.

If it was not for UCF's title claim there would not be talk now of an eight-team playoff that would possibly include a G5 auto bid.

Back to the top

Stop coming up with excuses as to why UCF isn’t that good. You guys got murdered in your ny6 bowl and are barely ranked ahead of us. Let’s see if you’ll even be here when we surpass you. I have a feeling you’re going to be acting like a girl left at the altar somewhere else.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Stop coming up with excuses as to why UCF isn’t that good. You guys got murdered in your ny6 bowl and are barely ranked ahead of us. Let’s see if you’ll even be here when we surpass you. I have a feeling you’re going to be acting like a girl left at the altar somewhere else.
Posted On: Jul 22nd 2020, 11:22 AM #395414

I think your timeline is warped.

We were "murdered" in 2018, yet ranked at 11 in final standing. FAU was not ranked.

We "murdered" FAU in 2019 and was ranked 3 spots higher after losing 3 games, while FAU won a CUSA champion. That speaks as to where people rank the current CUSA strength of schedule.  I hope we win another conference championship which would be great for FAU.   
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

rob2313 said

jgf2017 said

Do you even realize what we’re doing in recruiting lately? You act like you don’t even know about how we got a commitment from Shedeur Sanders and are on track for an amazing recruiting class.      You do realize no one has signed yet so commitments mean nothing till they arrive on campus. Or maybe you just know UCF football and are here anyways. We’re a young football program and haven’t made our move yet.      I know you Apparently you like to come here and criticize everything about FAU.       I am normally a lurking but I did graduate from FAU and they are my 3rd favorite team. But if you crap on UCF, I will crap on FAU, since UCF is my 1st favorite. The fact that you ignore is that you finished 24 and we finished 27. That’s it. That’s where each of our football programs are.   You are getting program and team mixed up. in 2019, UCF played 4 QBs finally settling on a true FR, it was a semi rebuilding year.  We also had some players declare early which left a gap in our experience.  And you don’t like that. And you’re acting like that’s not the case. You can’t change that. I know one thing. You’ll be hard to find when we have better seasons than you.    Third favorite so depends on how Miami plays.
Moral of the story, focus on FAU. Its starting something great but don't pick at others unless you want to get trashed.  I could of just as easily pointed out nice things to say about FAU but since you trashed UCF,I had to go negative. I hope Willie can build FAU up, I am a little scared he is a recruiter and not very good coach. To build a fanbase and win championships need both.  Lane Kiffin was both. Hopefully, FAU can win a conference champion this year which should be goal but I don't think Access Bowl is in our reach given the conference is not very good.
Posted On: Jul 22nd 2020, 10:25 AM #395410
Rob, welcome to the forum. 99 percent of FAU fans know we are long ways away to catching up to UCF. We are dreaming about the potential of winning or even going a NY6 game and understand you have won two and been to three. We have not beaten a P5 team since 2007 and the last two we faced the game was over in the first quarter. You guys have also beaten us by a combined 51 points the last two years we played. We dream about having all our season tickets sold out before the year as we got 10k to a conference championship game. Most also understand that our AD's are brothers and have the same scheduling philosophies, but economic needs dictate ours a little more. Anyone who criticizes UCF's scheduling is taking shots at our own AD who would do that same thing if we were in UCF's position. I think G5 fans should not be bashing each other and root for breaking up the P5 cartel. I root for UCF when they are not playing FAU as I know the more chaos they cause it only creates more opportunities for FAU. If it was not for UCF's title claim there would not be talk now of an eight-team playoff that would possibly include a G5 auto bid.
Posted On: Jul 22nd 2020, 11:21 AM #395413
FAU is building its brand, everyone starts at same spot.  Every team (that is promoted) goes thru it, its a journey.  I think FAU will be good this year since they have some great pieces on team.  Losing K. Smith as RB coach will hurt but I like Leavitt and Trickett as coordinators.   Having David Kelly for recruiting is HUGE, he is recruiting master.  He  was important to UCF and USF's recruiting efforts.   I fully expect FAU's recruiting to explode, just hope talent equals wins.
Back to the top
Control functions: