Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Fans in the stands

How many students do we realistically think attended the games over the past 3 seasons?  Was it more than 2500?  I mean the tailgates were well attended, but the actual games to a much smaller degree.  

I hope I am wrong, but without tailgating I am not sure they should expect 2500.  And will it be realistic to expect students to adhere to social distancing in and around the stadium?  Enforcing that (which they absolutely should) probably keeps more students away. 
Back to the top

I’m not in Florida, but I’m guessing there isn’t a whole lot of social activities to do, at least not without limitations, so I can see the demand for students being up there.
Back to the top

The demand for student tickets will be small and even smaller next season. Jmho, this will adversely affect FAU more than just this season.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

The demand for student tickets will be small and even smaller next season. Jmho, this will adversely affect FAU more than just this season.
Posted On: Sep 10th 2020, 6:34 PM #395903

I agree Local.

There are not as many students on campus and students being forced to spread out will probably turn most away.

Maybe FAU makes an adjustment after a game?

In the end, though the students are picking up most of the budget for athletics, so you have to include them in a big way.
Back to the top

Totally agree. I understand the decision.
Back to the top

I hope FAU  is a little more lenient  than the security at hard rock regarding tailgating.  They wouldn't let you sit outside to eat a sandwich and drink a beer. I believe I can sit with my girl , outside my vehicle, and be safe and not threaten anyone. Let me take care of me.  
Back to the top

I think that if we’re in the top 25 with Sanders at QB then I think students will show up in great numbers. Throw in a Heisman campaign too.
Back to the top

I agree that Sanders will be a natural media draw, but will remain cautiously optimistic until he signs a NLI.
The Sanders family have a way of showboating and he will continued to be recruited by many Power Five programs.
Let’s hope the Willie thing sticks.
Back to the top

P.s.  I received an e mail about attendance to our first home game. Been a season ticket holder since the beginning.  Still don't know if I'm invited or not.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

P.s.  I received an e mail about attendance to our first home game. Been a season ticket holder since the beginning.  Still don't know if I'm invited or not.
Posted On: Sep 13th 2020, 8:06 AM #395944

The email says there are still tickets available and they will be in touch with us about our seat location, which means you get seats for the amoutn of tickets you bought but they may be in a slightly different spot.

It is probably only going to be season ticket holders (and students) as there is very small amount of single tickets left. Lots of my friends are planning to walk up to the game and buy tickets - unsure if that will work. A lot of them are people who I have begged to go to games and were not interested. The excitement for Owls football is there (and people want a way to get out of the house).

That said: if you plan to go to the games, ante up and get season tickets. Cheapest set are $60 and there are no bad seats in the house. ← This is usually my sales pitch to those who are looking to go to games.

As for the student tailgates: those things have gotten way out of hand. They used to be about FAU, football, and camaraderie. Somewhere along the lines they became a contest to see who could have the best rave and least amount of students go to the game. Tailgates ought to be fun - but there has to be some (either written or unwritten) agreement between administration and the student body: we will let you party if you go to the game.

Maybe kids nowadays are just softer. When I was in school we would get up at 5 am for a 6 am tailgate after spending the night before on the Ave or downtown Boca until 2 am, tailgate pretty hard for 6 hours, then sit in 105 degree football to see our team lose. But we LOVED it. It was some of the best times I remember (or don't remember) in my college years. Now the team wins and has pretty good start times - yet they walk the other way. I suppose this is another conversation for another day… but it does related to fans in the stands!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: