Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: FAU Football Tests Positive for COVID-19

The Florida Atlantic Football program has announced that practices are paused due to positive COVID-19 tests. The decision on when practices will be made AFTER the next round of testing on Monday.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

A reminder that on-campus student move-in began on Tuesday, with the majority of students moving in on Wednesday.

Classes are scheduled to start on Monday.

This is a developing story. Stay tuned-in with the Owl's Nest for up-to-date information.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

This was bound to happen...The telling thing is what actions you take after. If you are going to cancel practices/games after each occurrence, hard to see how a season is possible.
Back to the top

Volleyball an Soccer just got moved to Spring…

Won't be long IMHO!
Back to the top

Ridiculous
Back to the top

I have no confidence that the HAIC not to cave into the fear mongering. Football teams annually suffer through flu outbreaks on teams. No discussion of cancellation during H1N1. One day we will look back and wonder how and why we were so manipulated.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I have no confidence that the HAIC not to cave into the fear mongering. Football teams annually suffer through flu outbreaks on teams. No discussion of cancellation during H1N1. One day we will look back and wonder how and why we were so manipulated.
Posted On: Aug 24th 2020, 5:46 AM #395740

I promise that's not what we will look back on and wonder.

People need to understand this is about liability.

A Georgia state QB just stepped aside with a heart issue from Coivd-19.

All the players are "we want to play'' until a couple gets sick and finds out they have might have long term issues.

It will become a lawsuit city for the schools.

I also wonder how C-USA schools even pay for this.

It was reported by 247 Sports' schools will be paying 70-110 per test and CUSA will be requiring schools to test everyone three times a week.

Football teams have about 200 people associated with it from players to coaches to other support staff.

200x3x70-110 per week?

It's more money then what our entire TV contract pays.
Back to the top

Don't get me started on liability. Liable for catching a virus? What's next  . I Think I'll sue god for my  skin cancer. God help us. There is risk in everything. I guess different people look at things differently. Your first line about the promise….too late. Millions are already wondering if we are being played. Not the existence of a virus. The reaction to it. Can't wait till the end of the year . Hopefully there will be a new news cycle
Back to the top

"Millions are already wondering"…hmmm… a certain political cult maybe, a new political online cult maybe????

Nearly 180,000 DEAD American citizens on our HOME SOIL, over 800,000 dead worldwide, 5.5 MILLION infected in America alone.

That is all!
Back to the top

I won't respond to that. I'll take the high road
Back to the top
Control functions: